• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC 97 audio is crap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, c-media is nice. Unlike AC97 onboard cmedia is a pci device. AC 97 aint that bad either - if it only would work better than it does. Apart from sometimes being corrupted or lost I am also experiencing signal level problems.

i have a yamaha sound card from a while back and it actually has worked quite nicely for me. it used to skip around but after putting a new heatsink on the northbridge i haven't had any problems.

Go ahead with the Audigy

Henery,
You seem to be the one looking to buy here -- I have the Audigy in my K7D, and have tried it in both the 33 and 66MHz slots now. It works fine with each one. If it matters, I'm running (2) 1600 XPs modded to MPs on the machine. Other cards are a Radeon 8500, an SI RAID card, Analog video editing board. So far no complaints with the Audigy in this setup. Very decent sound quality. If you want to fork out the cash for the best, the Audigy is good, but there are other professional (Terretec, etc.) cards that are better for music creation. I just couldn't justify the $ for them.
Hope this helps,
Jed

Re: Go ahead with the Audigy

jedman said:
Henery,
You seem to be the one looking to buy here -- I have the Audigy in my K7D, and have tried it in both the 33 and 66MHz slots now. It works fine with each one. If it matters, I'm running (2) 1600 XPs modded to MPs on the machine. Other cards are a Radeon 8500, an SI RAID card, Analog video editing board. So far no complaints with the Audigy in this setup. Very decent sound quality. If you want to fork out the cash for the best, the Audigy is good, but there are other professional (Terretec, etc.) cards that are better for music creation. I just couldn't justify the $ for them.
Hope this helps,
Jed

That sounds good. Thanx Dude.

Back