• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something is wrong with my computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Namagomi

Disabled
This has never happened to me before, and I've been messing with computers for a long time, and I'm stumped.. Ok. everytime I run a CPU stability test, no matter how long I try to run it, the computer refuses to crash. I can run 3Dmark all night, and when I wake up, and turn the moniter on, it's stilll running. I never get blue screens, and I haven't reset my BIOS in over a month. Is something wrong? I think I need to change CPUs or maybe try some different video drivers. Should I try to mod my video card? Any suggestions? I have no idea what is going on.

Bah, you complain about having a working system. Man if I could have just given you my computer to use from January to May of this year. For that whole time it was pretty much unstable.

hes got winxp....

he refuses to believe that a higher fsb and lower multiplier makes the computer faster...i told him to try 225x8.5..but NOOOO...200x10..but NOOO...192x10.5...noooooo...

his problem is that all of his previous computers (besides that 700mhz that ran constantly for about 8 months..something like that) he has had to work on them all the time..he likes fiddling with stuff, hes not happy till he has to buy something new, or RMA something he broke, but at least hes not into something illegal..DRUGS ARE BAD

you want a good way to crash a computer? hmm, i never worked on this before.......

set the ram to the most agressive timings at the lowest VDimm you can set and crank up the FSB with a 1.4Vcore. you'll be crashing in no time :)

or just install win98 :p

RangerJoe said:
that 700mhz that ran constantly for about 8 months..something like that)

yeah. that tyan board was sweet. i'm sure that thing could run underwater. speaking of which, have you RMAed that yet? haha. tyan boards are great, when they arn't going explodey on me

RangerJoe said:
DRUGS ARE BAD

wasting an inordinate amount of money on hardware is MY anti-drug!

Namagomi: it amazes me that grammar is so important to someone with: Location: Dallas, Texas (yeeha, y'all) under their avatar:D lol.

In any case, you have simply NOT pushed that machine hard enough if you have never made it crash yet. Quit playing around and try and overclock that thing, will you please? :D

What's wrong is that you haven't left the computer running long enough:
3:27am up 51 days, 10:25, 1 user, load average: 1.01, 1.00, 1.00

rogerdugans said:
Namagomi: it amazes me that grammar is so important to someone with: Location: Dallas, Texas (yeeha, y'all) under their avatar:D lol.

In any case, you have simply NOT pushed that machine hard enough if you have never made it crash yet. Quit playing around and try and overclock that thing, will you please? :D

ha. i'm definitly NOT from texas. Oklahoma orignially. I brought both RangerJoe and SpaceRangerJoe to the boards. but texas is nice, it would be even better if it wasn't so full of texans.

and oh, believe me, this box has crashed ALL OVER the place. it's gone through 1 cpu, 2 motherboards, 2 harddrives, and 5 sticks of ram in the course of upgrading. i just finally got it running stabily. a 2200+ gets pretty picky about BIOS settings when you try to get it to 2gig on air. :D

you arent running that crazy linux stuff are you...that stuff is nothign but trouble....itll take a perfectly crashable system and stabilize it.....win2k and Xp are bad as well...

I have to systems that are overclocked. One is an XP1600 w/GeForce3ti200 and a 1.3 Duron (which I just killed last week) and a GeForce4mx440. I mess with them so much (either modding them or ocing them) that I do all of my "work" on my 300Celeron Gatway Laptop. Not much i can do with that.

Back