• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tbred 1700+ at 50c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Justinkoko

Registered
I AM water cooling this and I still get 50c on idle.
Even at the stock speed I get 47c.
Before I had Palomino 1800+ and I could cool this at 35c. (Ambient temperature is the same which is at 33c)
What went wrong? I double check the water block and it IS securely amounted. HELP!!!

By the way the water block I'm using is Swiftech's and the pump is Ehiem. I use no reservoir and blowing 2 120mm fans through my heatcore.

did you re lap the water block with AS3 or another thermal paste? i could see a 8 degree increase from a t-bred. add to that poor thermal paste and your temp would maybe make sense. try relapping with thermal paste if you haven't already.

Tbreds run really really hot. Thats not that bad of a temp. I know it hurts (i feel ur pain i have the same chip) but just kepp it under 60 and its all good

This doesn't make sense though.
If this is suppose to be this hot then how can air cooler cope with cpu like this?

what kind of mobo do you have?

if it's something like an 8k3a+ with on die readings then you
are in okay shape

Hahaha. You are correct. I am using 8k3a+....with lastest bios.
So, my motherboard is reading incorrectly?

If so, how come my palomino 1800+ was ok?

the temperature is a bit too high, even for athlon. you should always use thermal paste. do you take the temp from the internal sensor? becuz you can't trust that sensor. it can show more than 10 degrees too much!

No. The internal diode it shows a more correct temp then other senssors. You might want to try a better WB. Read some of the latest articles about water cooling on the front page and you'll see that the swifty is not a great performing block.

Justinkoko said:
Hahaha. You are correct. I am using 8k3a+....with lastest bios.
So, my motherboard is reading incorrectly?

If so, how come my palomino 1800+ was ok?

On-die temps are usually 10-12C higher than those reported by an insocket thermistor(which most motherboards still use). Even so your temps should be lower. When I tested a 1700+ Tbred A in my watercooled system temps were about 38C load On-die at stock speed. I would recommend lapping your waterblock, making sure you aply a very thing layer of AS3 and be certain that you ahven't mounted your waterblock backwards(it could only be touching part of the core).

It does this for me too. Its not ur fault these run hot. The die size is so small. I know this cause i had my ol agoia in the low 30's and at the same room temp, my tbred is in the mid 40's. Unfortunately when the die size got smaller there was less space to conduct heat and so this is what happens. I have reseated this like 3 or 4 times no change. Its just the way it is.

BTW i run at 1.7 vcore

Back