• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I had it with this tbred(a) 1800!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Not only did it give me bad temp readings but it was a weak OC'r..

Ran prime torture test up to 175x9, 168x9.5. Failed at 180x9.5,175x10, etc..

Pulled it out, put my aroia back in..

I had better luck with that agoia 9.

lol that sucks.... but when i get my asus a7n8x nforce 2 board with the 1800+ t-bred....its gonna kick so much ***!!!!

You pays your money, you takes your chances. Nothing is guarranteed with overclocking. You could very well have gotten a binned Tbred that couldn't cut the mustard at a higher speed.

Ya, I hear ya..

I dug back into the "forum" and found that the vcore I was running might be too low. I was at 1.60, tops.. Default is 1.50, I figured that was enough. Maybe I'll give it another shot at higher volts..

Last edited:
what stepping is your chip?

my AIUGA 0242 "9" does 2ghz stable at 1.725v but i run it at 1.75v just to ensure further stability. i do 10x200 and lovin it!

I bought mine from Newegg.

I want to say the stepping is the same as yours. But I'm not too sure on the week.. I know it's the aiuga. I'll check tomorrow. Seeing that it can take the voltage I'm going to put it in my main again.
At the moment it's on a stripped down board running prime at 170x10 @ 1.675..

Oh,btw, I'm still a little concerned on these wild temps on this board and tbred..
How are your temps?

mine is 51C load at 1.8v but i run it at 47C load 1.75v. this is on air and i get these temps via hardware monitoring not crappy temp probe.

Emericana we have almost the exact same system except i have c2 pc3200 xms. We even both wc. What bios are u running. Its amazing i threw this thing up to expert timings and all that and i couldn't believe it but it booted. Everyones been have troubles with timings but this ram loves it. 200 fsb at default voltage.

I also got my xp1800 tbred from newegg. AIUGA 0242
1st try 166fsb=1917 at default voltage of 1.5v
2nd try 175fsb=2022 at 1.75v both aircooled sk7 w/52 cfm fan
temp 25c/30c epox 8k5a2+ refurbished from newegg, too.

youthemandan said:
Emericana we have almost the exact same system except i have c2 pc3200 xms. We even both wc.

Did you get another board?? What temps do you have now?

What voltage are you running??

Last edited:
i got the 8rda+ temps are in the 30's and i love not having to deal with the 8k3a temp bug. 1.7 vcore but default voltage on the ram

Last edited:
Emericana said:
what stepping is your chip?

my AIUGA 0242 "9" does 2ghz stable at 1.725v but i run it at 1.75v just to ensure further stability. i do 10x200 and lovin it!

Mine is the same as yours. Although I don't know where you got the "9" from..

Well I pushed up the voltage, both ram(2.8) and cpu(1.75), and am running prime t/t @185x10.

Back