• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi-Mouse?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

speedy4500

Yah, the Parhelia can do triple head monitors....but with the advent of mobos supporting 10 USB ports, is it possible to have multimousing? Like three mice=three cursors? I don't have cash to try it myself, but has anyone experimented?

You can't have more than 3 cursors. I tried it with 2 and you mouse takes over. Once I stopped moving one mouse, I could then move the other one. What would be the point any way? When you're done using one mouse, you'd have to move your hand to the next one, not even using the other mice. It would be a waste because you would only use one anyway.

whoa.....crazy. I never would have even guessed that you could have more than one cursor. I agree that its pointless, even for 3d modelling. But never the less, i'll still try it:D:D

-CPFitz-

CPFitz14 said:
whoa.....crazy. I never would have even guessed that you could have more than one cursor. I agree that its pointless, even for 3d modelling. But never the less, i'll still try it:D:D

-CPFitz-

You can't have more than 1 mouse pointer.

Mike K said:
You can't have more than 3 cursors. I tried it with 2 and you mouse takes over. Once I stopped moving one mouse, I could then move the other one. What would be the point any way? When you're done using one mouse, you'd have to move your hand to the next one, not even using the other mice. It would be a waste because you would only use one anyway.

What did you mean here then?:confused:

Did you mean that you'd have one cursor per monitor?:confused:

-CPFitz-

CPFitz14 said:

What did you mean here then?:confused:

Did you mean that you'd have one cursor per monitor?:confused:

-CPFitz-

I meant that you could have 3 mice working at the same timy but you can't have 3 cursors on the screen. Say you have 2 mice hooked up and you are moving both around at the same time. You will still only have one cursor on the screen. The mouse you started moving first will correspond to the cursor on the screen. When you stop moving that mouse, the other mouse moves the cursor. Hope that made sence.

I wish you could have more than one, becuase i have two monitors and when I game, the game "locks-in" my mouse. It takes a while to alt-tab out in a fast action packed game, so a second mouse on the 2nd monitor would be useful.

I have run my comp with two mouses and two keyboards before. The observed behavior is that windows takes the input as coming from a single device. To do what you are trying to do, would require additional signals going from the input devices to the computer.

Since multiple inputs are not currently supported, this will just not work.

ive done one usb mouse and one ps/2
just to see what would happen

only one curser and if you move both mouse's a the same time they combine the imput

move one mouse up and the other right it goes up and to the right

i havent tried dual keyboards but i would figure it would be the same thing.

crash893 said:
ive done one usb mouse and one ps/2
just to see what would happen

only one curser and if you move both mouse's a the same time they combine the imput

move one mouse up and the other right it goes up and to the right
Actually, cursor moves based on both inputs. Goes to
the corner, sorta on my system if I get the speed right....
The PS2 rate checker program goes nuts when both move...

i havent tried dual keyboards but i would figure it would be the same thing.

I have been running 2 mice like that for over a year now.

I like to use a standard, ambidexrous style mouse for games,
and a Trackball for everything else. (Use mouse in Left hand
for UT. I am a freak...)

This works great for 1 cursor, but for multiple cursors, you would

need a bunch of custom drivers. Probably not possible......

Back