• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

North bridge cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Konnan101

Registered
I was just wondering what benifits watercooling my northbridge on my mobo willl do

thnx

You get a cooler NB :)

Some have reported a couple extra Mhz on the FSB when OCing, but I believe you memory will hold you back more then your NB.

untill Nforce2 boards came out, it was as what slipknot said, but its different now, itll possibly give you a ton more mhz, theres a few people how wc their nforce and see a HUGE difference

even with the nforce2 boards, i dont think it is about the extra mhz you get from water cooling it, i think it is about the stability that having a cool and stable NB chips set give you, i know that when i water cooled my asus a7v333 board alot of my stability issue went away, but as always YMMV

i dont think my memory will hold me back to much i have corsair xms pc 3500
also should i water cool my northbridge

Go buy the Vantec Ice Berg chip set cooler. I have that on my NB for my A7N8X and have hit a FSB of 210 ;) save yourself $30 and a big hassel. It's pratically silent also. Heres a link

i am nit realy worried about the hassel of wc my northbridge i was just wondering if the benifits i would get from wcing it would be worth the mney cause if it isnt then i wont do it

Konnan101 said:
i am nit realy worried about the hassel of wc my northbridge i was just wondering if the benifits i would get from wcing it would be worth the mney cause if it isnt then i wont do it

There just aren't many people watercooling thier NB to get a clear picture of if it will be 100% helpful or not. I would say give it a try if you got the spare cash. Good luck.

My watercooling system has a DD Z-Chip on it ... But my Ehiem 1250 Pump is still on it's way, I could tell you if it makes much of a difference for me, on an Asus A7V-133 [ Likely to Change! ]

Konnan101 said:
i dont think my memory will hold me back to much i have corsair xms pc 3500
also should i water cool my northbridge

do not assume corsair xms pc3500 is the best as always...

I also have corsair xms pc3500 and I had them RMA once because they are not capable of running to their rated speed. 217mhz FSB.

Now, the maximum they can go is 222mhz FSB and others corsair xms owner also in that range +/- 5 mhz FSB. (nforce2 epox 8rda owners experience)

Konnan101 said:

I am water cooling my Northbridge on Epox 8RDA. However, all I see is that some form of active cooling on the north bridge should be enough. (Water cooling NB consider one form of active cooling, also putting hsf on NB is also one form of active cooling)

There is definately has alot of advantage of active cooling your northbridge on NForce2 motherboard, however, I doubt if watercooling the northbridge will have more advantage than having a "good" chipset Heatsink and Fan (e.g. crystal orb + AS3)

Back