• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4000 l/h 35 metre head

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well you could turn a SLK-800(not really pins) or a PAL8045 into a wb by encasing it in plex or alum or copper. if u do it with a PAL8045 and cut off some of the pin, you could use its 4 hole mounts

also i know that alpha sells pin structures alone, not as a hs. he could pick up one of those

GTA said:
BigBen - I also take your point about blocks hitting an absolute value, after which higher flow and higher pressure don't make any difference. However, thats a feature of the blocks design. It would be possible to design a block that if you put a 1048 into it, would be awefull. Essentially pick a pump, and then design a block that would get the most out of the level of flow that the pump can provide. I feel certain that when Cathar designed his block, he certainly looked at what sort of pumps people would be using, and incorporated that into his design.

Off the top of my head, for a seriously powerfull pump, a VERY dense pin structure with a 1" inlet over the top. The pins could be made denser than would be normally possible with a 1048, due to the higher pressure pump able to force water through them.

Any thoughts on what I've just written? I may have made a fundemental error somewhere, but it all seems logical.
There are two things to remember, about bigger pumps:
1- Certainly a block that is specifically designed for a bigger pump, will more than likely perform abysmally with a small pump. Yes, Cathar did take into consideration the typical pumps being used out there.

2-Within a block design, most of the improvement is achieved by getting the coolant into turbulent flow. Now you can get to this in one of three ways: a) use a massive pump, b) add turbulators or c) localize the turbulent area (i.e. jet inpingement).

Now you're free to go any way you want to, but I can tell you that (a) is the least efficient way to do it.

Back