• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help coosing a pump for a cooling cube

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gulp35

I am building an external W/c 8.25" cube. I was going to use NeoMoses's LT700 pump but it's huge (5"x3.8"x4.2" (LxWxH) w/o barbs!!!) and would take up too much space.

So I have 4 requirements for this pump:
1) gph>350
2) head>8'
3)Small about the size of a MaxiJet
4) Cheap, less than 40$

I was thinking of getting either a Rio 1700 or 2100 or 2 MaxiJet 1200's in serial to boost pressure.

Are Rio's Inline capable?

Is there any place where I can find out how much pressure and gph would be produced from running pumps in Serial/Paralell(sp?)?

Also with this cube I am building I am not going to put a fan directly infront of the rad, but have one or two blowing both in or out of the case to either blow or suck air through the rad, respectively.
Would this work ?
If i need to go into more detail tell me and I will post pics of my idea.

I am not sure what you mean about the fan setup, but the most popular and well regarded cooling method on heatercores is a push/pull sandwich setup with the fans. one fan blowing air through, one fan sucking the air through.

What I am going to do with the fans are, because the system is sealed I was going to use positive or negative pressure in the cube to blow air over the rad. In other words the fan probably won't end up being in front of rad and the entire cube will be the shroud (similar to the nebulous cube posted on the front page).
Hope this helps clear it up a little :).

i might be outta place here but i don't think relying on case flow would be a good means of cooling a rad. if it were me i'd have fans on the rad.

in my cooling setup i plan on having 2 120's in a push/pull on the rad than something on top of my vid card.

if you seal the box and have the rad at the inlet, all the air that flows through the case will have to pass through the radiator. It will work fine.

as far as pumps go, I've been looking every day for small, inexpensive, moderate flow, high(er) pressure pumps. So far I haven't found that combination. if you do find what you're looking for, be sure to let us know!

I was thinkning of modding the rio to be inline like Volenti did at the oc.au forums, the 2100 only uses about 25W and has (i think)
8' head and about 700Gph

Back