• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hunting for a server case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

futura2001

Currently I am looking for a new case as I am kicking my phase change system into full gear.
Now my plan is that I am going get a server tower case and attach a piece of sheet metal horizontally about 1/4 the way up to separate the area that my system will be in from the phase change equipment. Inside the lower portion would be the compressor, rad, etc. and some sound deadening material to keep it near silent. I have a weak little 1/20th HP compressor so I don't have to worry about too much noise. I will have 2 170mm fans at either end of the lower quarter in a push pull to keep things cool. As you can see, a big case is essential, and I will be doing a lot of work to get it right. On top of that, I am going to mod the hell out of the case. Which means it has to be somewhat stylish and have a lot of potential before I even think about buying it.

My two top picks right now are:

Fancy Full Tower case
Not so fancy Full Tower case

and I remember a damn cool black case at newegg that had a locking front and all. Unfortunately they do not sell that any more, and the place I have found it at sell it for $170, a full $90 above Newegg's price if I remember properly.
Anyone else have any good ideas?

Back