• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI BRAND 9800Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ira32

Registered
Hi all,

ready to OC this card what are some safe overclocks with stock cooling. I do have an 80mm case fan that blows across top and bottom of my 9800pro but nothing on the card, no cool modded heatsinks etc.

There's no telling how high an OC you will get without trying, but I'd say anything is safe so long as you aren't seeing any artifacts. I too have 2 fans blowing on my 9800 and it has helped me get a substantial OC.

You can usually start with about a 10% raise. for example, raise a 200MHz core to 220, and then go up from there.

i wil overclock the card always slowly per 5 mhz, this is the safest way and than check out, for the artifacts. Normally 3D Mark 2003 and Need for Speed HP2 shows very well, if the card is over his limits..

Cool

I clocked it 5% or so with no issue I guess I will go 10% tonight and check it out

it also depends on what ram you have...i have the crappy infineon. i can only get about 40mhz out of the ram, but my core is 415. if you have the samsung who knows what you can get out of it.

How can I tell which brand of memory on the board. The memory sticks are covered with passive coolers. ?

Is there some program which can test it?

yes, yes the programm called "AIDA32" will show every information about your system , of course also about your grafical card..

just "google" it :)

Back