• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Survey says?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReNeG@dE

Which would you chose?

1GHz T-Bird running at:
1) 1305 (9 x 145) @ 1.70V with a max temp of 40C

or
2) 1400 (10 x 140) @ 1.85V with a max temp of 45C

*Note: Nothing else is changed b/w the two (mem, VIO, etc. etc.)

(Plus, is 1.85V and 45C going to drastically reduce the life of my CPU? How long do these thing last anyway?). Thanks.

#2 because it can probably run at 1305 @ 1.70 volts too, but #1 (I guess) cannot run at 1400. 45C and 1.85 should be fine. By the time it dies, IF it even does, there will be much better things out anyway and you'll probably have parted with the processor long ago.

I agree with Nagorak. My 1 Ghz (200 FSB) also run at 10 * 140 = 1400 Mhz. At 140 Mhz FSB, you overclocked your PCI and AGP a little bit less than at 145 Mhz FSB. In my case, the required CPU voltage core is only 1.75V. At idle: 26-27C. At full load: 45-46C. As long as you keep the CPU temperature below 50C, it should be fine.

actually the PCI and AGP shouldn't be overclocked at all since I have FSB/PCI set to 133/33 and have CPU Plus set to 7 or 12. This SHOULD just be overclocking the CPU and the memory.

Do not completely believe what is in the motherboard manual. What I found out from the net is that your PCI and AGP will still be overclocked even if you are using the CPU Plus feature in the Bios. This feature is just another alternative for setting FSB/PCI clock speed.

Personally I would go with one-because of 1-lower voltage=lower temps(better OC capabilities), and 2 higher FSB that mean better performace at the same Mhz-just my 2 cents

ReNeG@dE (Apr 11, 2001 10:58 a.m.):
actually the PCI and AGP shouldn't be overclocked at all since I have FSB/PCI set to 133/33 and have CPU Plus set to 7 or 12. This SHOULD just be overclocking the CPU and the memory.

Check your memory speed when you have it set to FSB+PCICLK w/ wcpuid. It really does up your PCI and AGP.

Back