• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

""THE FUTURE OF AMD AND THE T-BIRD CORE!!!""

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomicGuY

A few hours ago, a friend of mine was browsing some Jap sites and came across some interesting stuff about the last T-bird steps to be released. Apparently, AMD is pushing for Thoroughbred core and will have only a few models released on the Palomino core.

The Jap site also stated in jiberish language that the T--bird series "will" end with 1.4GHz on the 266MHz Bus and 1.5GHz on the 200MHz Bus. From what I know, there will be no Palomino Core CPUs assigned to the 200MHz FSB. From here, I'm thinking this is when AMD will draw the line and end the 200MHz FSB series for good. There is also rumors in Jap forums that there COULD be a 1.46GHz version T-bird which could make the market, but thats really pushing it. The question is, will the 1.5GHz be released last or with the new Palomino core??, only time will tell.

Also, as you may already know, it was confirmed by many hardware sites that AMD will have 1.53GHz Palomino Core to start the series.

From here on its jeberish and only complete rumors float about Thoroughbred.
My AMD ROAD MAP:

T-bird: (200FSB)700MHz~1400MHz & (266FSB)1000MHz~1466MHz with a core logic serial ID: using AVIA, AXIA, AZIA & BXIA.

Palomino: (200FSB)1500MHz+ & (266FSB)1533MHz~1800MHz

Thoroughbred: (333FSB)1833MHz+

Clawhammer (AKA Athlon2 Processor: (533FSB) 2400MHz+

As you know its Jeberish but Most of the information above was from Toms Hardware Guide, Sharky Extreme, HardOCP and of course the Jap sites. I will post more Jeberish as I read on and as time passes.

NOTE:
If your buying a CPU right now, I recommend the 1.3GHz AZIA Athlon CPU. Just by upping the FSB, you can hit 1733MHz stable with Air cooling. Good Luck and happy O/Cing!

UPDATE!:
-After reading the high end sharky reg, they state about AMD's 1.4GHz Athlon only to be released on 200MHz FSB.

Also, a good friend of mine who his dad works for a distibutor for AMD says the next two CPUs AMD will release will be the 1.4GHz CPU and 1.46GHz CPU. He says, these two CPUs will be the last Thunderbird Equiped Cores!

200MHz FSB lives!, AMD just the other day gave a tour at da mall of a 1.5GHz Palomino powered by the good old 200MHz FSB. sweetness for those of u with old M/B.

my friends dad works for amd, dunno what part tho, he's told me a lil bit about the new cpu's comin out. he always cry's when i told him i took a pencil to my duron, o well...its funny :)

devilfire (Apr 22, 2001 12:30 a.m.):
my friends dad works for amd, dunno what part tho, he's told me a lil bit about the new cpu's comin out. he always cry's when i told him i took a pencil to my duron, o well...its funny :)

good one,
you know whats funny, AMD aint to bright if there trying to stop overclocking eh. I mean, why couldnt they just plated over where the L1 bridges are and prevent people from rampin up the MHz, its sick I tell you, sick!

They could prevent it but they dont!

i don't understand why the cut the bridges either. they would get more money if they left them uncut because ppl buy amd to overclock the hell out of them. Not to mention they don't have ppl running around in little colored plastic suits on the comercials...

Uh-Oh....333FSB? 533FSB...oh crap, I wonder what the realease times are going to be between these...I mean, dude, if they are to close together, that could SUCK, because you would have to buy 2 new boards...and that could get ugly. And as far as o/c'ing goes...I really HOPE they don't jack that up...I mean, I wonder what those Throughbreds and Clawhammers are going to be like in the O/C arena? Hmmmmmm......

I think you need to consider the manufacturing and distribution angle from AMDs perspective. If you think, for one minute, that OC'ers represent a sizeable part of their market, you are sadly mistaken. It's probably something like, for every 1000 CPUs they sell to "pre-fabbed" PC manufacturers, they sell one to an OC'er. We should be grateful that our presence is even tolerated. They certainly could bury those L1 traces and where would that leave us? Ditto on the motherboard manufacturers. When they can sell 1000 motherboards that do 10x133 at the most, why should they lose sleep over the one that won't go any further, bought by the pain in the butt OC'er who is using up 50% of their customer support staff. these companies are not in the business for Philanthropic reasons. They are in it to sell as much product for the least cost to them. Be grateful. Be patient.

Hoot

UPDATE!:
-After reading the high end sharky reg, they state about AMD's 1.4GHz Athlon only to be released on 200MHz FSB.

Also, a good friend of mine who his dad works for a distibutor for AMD says the next two CPUs AMD will release will be the 1.4GHz CPU and 1.46GHz CPU. He says, these two CPUs will be the last Thunderbird Equiped Cores!

200MHz FSB lives!, AMD just the other day gave a tour at da mall of a 1.5GHz Palomino powered by the good old 200MHz FSB. sweetness for those of u with old M/B.

Back