• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I miss the freebie stuff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BowerR64

I remember when i got a new board or hardware i couldnt wait to check out the freebie programs and check em out but latley none of the board makers or the hardware makers are including anything. The board disk comes with the drives and a board utility and thats it. I know most of them wernt that good but i still liked to check em out some were ok.

Virus scanners, board tweak things, overclocking tools but not no more. You get the board you get that drivers and thats it.

Yeah, they're all great if you run windows. I don't have much use for thm, and even if I did, I'd rather have a cheaper board and get to pick my own software.

Ya thats how i am but for some reason when i got this new board today i wanted to see if there was any goodies on the disk. There wasnt anything.:(

Intel still gives a generous bundle with their retail desktop boards. I think u get the drivers, Norton virus scanner, Norton firewall software, WinDVR, CD-Writing software, some audio apps.

But the intel boards never have any clock ability, i like having the tweak options. Intel boards are super stable dont get me wrong but they never put any tweaks into the bios.

ya i had a gigabyte board last month and it had mad problems. Nic card quit, USB ports were doing funny things. There were like 5 different bios files for it trying to correct little problems with the board but nothing helped. I sent it back to newegg and they refunded my money. They completly took all the boards off their website.

I should of researched about the board before i bought it. It wasnt till i started noticing little problems i went digging around about the board and found everyone had problems with it.

But the free programs that came with the board i actualy used. hardware monitoring tool, a bios tool and some other things.

What im finding out is boards with little to no features are the best clockers and the most stable.

Back