• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why isnt msi more popular??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The worst AMI bioses you can imagine, for example my Pro266 Plus (ms-6365), the bios has a messed up annoying way of writing to the screen buffer that creates really bad lag. Also poor overclockability, and just shabby quality, I would say one step above PCChips (god no, helllp, not the rabid pcchips, no please, get it away from me, bloody murder (my response when confronted with a system containing a pcchips)).

hehe cant believe this much response, its the most popular thread i have ever started :)

Stormer

bulk88 said:
and just shabby quality, I would say one step above PCChips (god no, helllp, not the rabid pcchips, no please, get it away from me, bloody murder (my response when confronted with a system containing a pcchips)).

oh, come on now, they are leaps and bounds better than PC Chips...

I have built a couple dozen systems with MSI boards going back to the MSI 6163 slot 1 BX board

I have never had any problems with them, most of them even overclock ok

I mean they may not be in the same overclock league as say ABIT or ASUS, but I would say they are decent. And most of the systems I build to run at stock speed, and they are quick out of the box stock

Abit is througout their history shown their LACK of quality control, yet people dont seem to chastize them

Abit I would say would rival PCCHIps for worst quality, they are just junk. They may overclock well and have frequent bios updates, but i have see instability and crashes running STOCK speed

I have used abit since the LX6 so I know what I am talking about. I try to talk people out of abit when i can...

i have a k7n2...i had problems with it when i first tried to clock it...but now 185*11 is okay...i installed a aeroflow tmd today...probably going to push it some more...im a newb

Back