• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I will scare you beyond belief

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow a lot has happened since i posted yesterday....i agree that swearing should not be allowed in the forums, every once in a while i catch myself writing a cuss word and have to stop. Cut my finger today modding my case, boy it is hard to type with 9 fingers and 1 triple sized fingertip (bandades)

ok i still think that overclocked duron is BS ,LMAO. Anyway any other AOL expressions i can use. My point is if people on this board say BS or f**k**g s**it why not ban those people too???? I mean dont you think a 10 year old can figure those missing words out too? Well i think this conversion has just become the most childish thread that i have ever read . The people who posted that agreed that BS is not profanity and a expression goes to show you that those are the real mature people that can relate to my post. Gettting to Andy and his rare duron that he dose not seem to post any type of system specs or way he overclocked his computer. Let me ask you this people since i come from a country that is based on fredom of speech and probbly 95 percent here do , you think that Andy is the real mature guy who dosnt seem to be able to post how he overclocked his computer?????????? Come on people get real!
Oh yeah i miss understood about the rules on this board. To me BS is not a swear word because i feel it is a just another way of saying not true, bogus or even BULLCRAP. However i do believe the all those people on this board writeing four letter words with astriks in them are swear words. I guess if you want to act childish why not go after those people writing those words with astriks in them as well.
Have a nice day!

Arguing about swearing is a real waste of this forum...seems like a chance for a bunch of people to get up on a pedestal and and put out a speech. Jeeze, just move on. BTW...I think the reason the argument came up is that you came off as an a**hole andy. From what I've read of you you seemed a little above that. Im a little disappointed...

I should clarify that... not saying anything about you andy... just about the feeling I got from your reply. No offense intended...sorry that was kindof unclear...

ME, I have no problem disagreeing with Andy, it was the manner in which you did that I had problems with. As far as how mature Andy is, he seems mature enough to me from the dealings I have had with him. And I do not think it is fair at all to call us childish for trying to limit the content on this forum. Yes you live in a country that protects the right to free speach, but that right only extends so far. As a member of oc.com you are subject to the rules of this forum. Skip and Joe have set down the rules, and thus they MUST be followed. I am sorry if you disagree, but as Newbie_Doo said we are guests in this house and thus must follow the rules of the house. And as Newbie_Doo has said, not swearing here has affected me in real life as I have stopped cursing like a sailer, and that is a good thing.

I would also advise Me and Gekko to town down your attacks on Andy, no personal attacks on any member in the forum will be tolerated at all. We have had this in the past, and the guy was banned. I hate to see it happen, and hate to see a post degrade to this issue, but picking fights If you want to know why the seniors stepped in, it was to stop this before it got of hand. You now know the rules, arguing them is not going to go anywhere. Both Skip and Joe are very FIRM on this issue, and I don't forsee them changing this at all.

Me,

Suffice to say that Wild Andy has been here for a long time, and he doesn't need to qualify his stats. I've been here a while myself, and feel that he wouldn't say it runs at XXXXMHz if it won't. If he says it runs at XXXXMHz, it does. Andy has the least amount of, well, BS coming from him of all the people I know.

Again, that's a proto MORGAN, not a Duron. There is a difference. Quite a difference, judging by the results he's gotten.

And, actually, we've been trying to get people to refrain from using the "Asteriks" as well. We're not trying to ban people because of swearing. There have been a couple that have been banned, but there were other circumstances involved, other than just swearing. It's continued disregard for the forum rules of conduct that gets you bounced out of here. Just because you can swear while you're typing something in doesn't make it right to type in the swear, as well. Swearing is usually a spontanious act. Typing it in takes time, and thought. If you have to take the time to think and do it, don't. That's all we ask. Why is it such a big issue to HAVE to swear?? This is what I don't understand from this arguement....

Mr B

Well - it's 6am this side of the pond now and I've been up sice 5:40am reading all of the posts that were made in this thread since I went to bed last night.

I'm here bright and happy to post nother day using clean, witty and happy language. It would seem that some people went o** at a t*n**nt last night (off at a tangent!!!) and completely lost the plot.

If there is anyone out there not wanting to abide by the rules, so be it - I'm sure they will be welcome elesewhere. They are as stated within this thread merely lodgers on goodguy Skip's server, in order to keep up residency Skip merely asks that people abide by the rules. No one is bigger than the rules - not me, any other seniors or any of the members.

We seniors will try to offer guidance when people do perhaps make an oversight of the boundaries. When this gets spat back in our faces so to speak - things tend to envelop into threads like this where people start to leavre and get banned. I can see replies from many within this post (notice I donot mention whom) that are very mature, concise, clean but moreover - very effective - and that is what it is all about.

To any of those who felt they had to leave - I hope that you are happy whereever you end up and that their language is colourful enough you to sink to.

[4]As for now guys and girls - lets all get on with making some nice good old informative posts on the subject that we love most. Remember - this life's too short to be nasty to each other, so lets all be nice to one another. Peace, Love & Unity to all forum members.[/4]

wild_andy_gonna_love_the _world_c™ !!!!

No - just the Akasa Silver Mountain - the coolest Air Cooler I've ever reviewed !

I had this one duron that would not go past 866 with a WBK38, this beast got it all the way to 978Mhz. Hence it took the square Morgan core and beasted it past 1.5 easily, I had to upvolts a little for 1.6Ghz though !!!

GuNRocK (Jul 25, 2001 01:09 a.m.):

Andy has a prerealeased chip right? correct me if i am wrong now any chip duron/athlon with the Aluminum interconnect doesnt go that high 1.3?ghz max my guess now if he does have a special chip maby it has copper interconnects we dont know he hasnt told us very much and maby thats why its an awsome overclocker.

Yep - pre-release chip and yes copper interconnects in this case, however initial Durons will be extrudeded in Austin Texas on Aluminium process, so do not expect them to go wild_andy_speed a ssoon as they come out., because this die is a Dresden golden sample by all acounts.

BTW - Gunrock, please remove the four letter wordage from your post - something like "WOW - AMAZING OVERCLOCK" is fine.

L8rs friends - time to go and educate my world by going to work - London today.

GuNRocK (Jul 25, 2001 01:33 a.m.):
I was just explaing how above i said certain situations swaring is AOK becuase i realy wasnt directing it at you in a bad way... cya enjoy your tip to London :)

Yes, but in your explination did you have to use it even though you knew that it was against the rules? Protesting the rules by breaking them is not a good way to win an argument. Sorry for the ran there.

On another note, if you want to protest this with civility, please make a new post in the Gripes and Moans section or in the Forum Comments section. This thread has degenerated into just that, and that is where it should be. If you have a problem, post it there. It will be seen I gurantee.

The point is though Gunrock that swearing is not acceptable in any form in here - that is the rules made by the Administrator and Senior Moderator. We don't make the rules we just abide by them.

Peace Brother.

Nice OC Andy!!! WOW!

I must admit I know almost nothing about AMD CPU's, specs etc, but that sure seems nice. I know you are mad (or just wild?) - but also honest - and I would never doubt your words man! :)

My view on the rules:
Rules are rules. If you don't like them, try e-mailing skip about it. Not all rules are good rules I agree, but we are in Skips house, and we MUST live by his rules. If we don't feel we can do that, we leave. PEACEFULLY, not saying "F*** U ALL". Somehow people don't like hearing that.

Its as simple as that, IMHO.

For the love of god could we stop talking about the rulz and talk about the new chip! Could you post a pic Andy? you could blur the numbers so they don't find your "source". Andy are you a spy? London, high tech gizmos you are 007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UnseenMenace (Jul 25, 2001 06:57 a.m.):
With overclocks like that its explains why Andy comes from Great Britain

Birmingham massive kickin it true !!!
Gonna knock that chip up black and blue !!!

RRAAARRGGGHHH !!!! hehehe

wild_andy_c (Jul 24, 2001 07:07 a.m.):
I do use Photoshop 5.01, but have no fear - the screen shot is for real. I obtained a chip, I overlocked, I conquered, everyone dribbled down their chins!!!

I hope to obtain another soon. BTW - this is at only 1.625v

I really believe this is a hoax. Its even worse than atomicguy got on his tbird!!! 1.6ghz just aint possible and on 1.6v????????? WTF?? Ur lying us all full. Then i believe more on atomicguy with his [email protected] i think it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back