• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

failed trying to go beyond 1.25v VCORE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Belmoto

Hello all,

I recently modded my MSI z170a Gaming m7 MB bios to fit a 9600kf in it, I was trying to oc it but I couldn't no matter what.

the Voltage will never exceed 1.248v,
I know some will say because it's modded but the truth is that it never worked back when I was using my 6700k, I couldn't oc it beyond that voltage no matter what,
game boost wouldn't work on this chip, the Vcore is solid at 1.25
and also the clock speed I could never increase it more than 4.3GHz, even if I try it doesn't change, like it's not unstable, no it doesn't go anywhere beyond 4.3GHz no matter how I try and tweak

any ideas ?

EDIT: the temp on full load at 4.3 GHz is around ~50C

Last edited:
First, that's awesome and didn't know you could do that...

As far as any ideas...offhand, no... because who knows what the issue is, considering you're using a modded BIOS and a CPU not intended for the platform.

Me, I'd bite the bullet and get a proper motherboard for the chip... especially since the original board never worked properly... this feels like chasing a unicorn to me, but maybe someone else has more ideas. :)

First, that's awesome and didn't know you could do that...

As far as any ideas...offhand, no... because who knows what the issue is, considering you're using a modded BIOS and a CPU not intended for the platform.

Me, I'd bite the bullet and get a proper motherboard for the chip... especially since the original board never worked properly... this feels like chasing a unicorn to me, but maybe someone else has more ideas. :)
I knew someone would say the same,

as I said this issue was even before the modding itself.

I was trying to oc my 6700k since I got it and nothing worked, stuck at 1.25v without any movement :), like someone has paid for the mb to not guard the CPU from taking more Vs :((

I acknowledged already you were having the problem previously....
especially since the original board never worked properly...

Again, it sounds like the board was broken before and you need a proper working board to start before you go modding things that aren't supposed to be in it.

How did you try to change the voltage on this board? Be specific. You can post images here at the site of the BIOS to show us...

Last edited:
Back