• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I will scare you beyond belief

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just wonder why does everyone believe that andy got over 1.6ghz on a duron??? Why didnt anyone believe atomicguy with his [email protected] oc?? Sounds more possible than getting 1.6 on a duron............... And on 1.6v?? he dosent even come up with any screenshots running 3dmark or anything, only sandra. I might have believed it if it was liqued nitrogen but 1.6 on air or water..............

Pitspawn (Jul 24, 2001 05:06 p.m.):
Comon guys, you cant quote a clock speed that high an not expect some rejection at least. Im surprised how little there was actually. AtomicGUY quoted a clock of 1.84Ghz and everyone swore blind, no-one did here. Prolly because it is admin who posted, but lets not go there.

And people using profanity should not be punished. The only people who should be punished are people using profanity against others or people using too much profanity. Swearing and cursing is as said just a way of expressing anger towards something. Its becoming more and more common, just look at movies these days.

BTW that is an awesome overclock with a Duron. At first I thought it wasn't special until i saw the Duron in the specs! It amazes me that you only needed an extra 0.025v to get up there too! Way to go!

Yeah i totally agree, pretty unfair too atomicguy......... Everyone believes andy just because he is an senior. Personally i think both are bs.

Tomas (Jul 25, 2001 09:40 a.m.):
wild_andy_c (Jul 24, 2001 07:07 a.m.):
I do use Photoshop 5.01, but have no fear - the screen shot is for real. I obtained a chip, I overlocked, I conquered, everyone dribbled down their chins!!!

I hope to obtain another soon. BTW - this is at only 1.625v

I really believe this is a hoax. Its even worse than atomicguy got on his tbird!!! 1.6ghz just aint possible and on 1.6v????????? WTF?? Ur lying us all full. Then i believe more on atomicguy with his [email protected] i think it was.

Dude you just don't underdstand Andy has the Hook ups for crazy stuff just look at his site. I love the Trash Can hat andy

Tomas (Jul 25, 2001 09:40 a.m.):
wild_andy_c (Jul 24, 2001 07:07 a.m.):
I do use Photoshop 5.01, but have no fear - the screen shot is for real. I obtained a chip, I overlocked, I conquered, everyone dribbled down their chins!!!

I hope to obtain another soon. BTW - this is at only 1.625v

I really believe this is a hoax. Its even worse than atomicguy got on his tbird!!! 1.6ghz just aint possible and on 1.6v????????? WTF?? Ur lying us all full. Then i believe more on atomicguy with his [email protected] i think it was.

I think that if he can get Intel roadmaps, he can also get proto chips. The Morgans run at less voltage than today's Durons.

William (Jul 24, 2001 11:51 p.m.):
ME, I have no problem disagreeing with Andy, it was the manner in which you did that I had problems with. As far as how mature Andy is, he seems mature enough to me from the dealings I have had with him. And I do not think it is fair at all to call us childish for trying to limit the content on this forum. Yes you live in a country that protects the right to free speach, but that right only extends so far. As a member of oc.com you are subject to the rules of this forum. Skip and Joe have set down the rules, and thus they MUST be followed. I am sorry if you disagree, but as Newbie_Doo said we are guests in this house and thus must follow the rules of the house. And as Newbie_Doo has said, not swearing here has affected me in real life as I have stopped cursing like a sailer, and that is a good thing.

I would also advise Me and Gekko to town down your attacks on Andy, no personal attacks on any member in the forum will be tolerated at all. We have had this in the past, and the guy was banned. I hate to see it happen, and hate to see a post degrade to this issue, but picking fights If you want to know why the seniors stepped in, it was to stop this before it got of hand. You now know the rules, arguing them is not going to go anywhere. Both Skip and Joe are very FIRM on this issue, and I don't forsee them changing this at all.

DID gekko attack andy??? So just because andy is an senior u cant say u think he is talking BS?? what is wrong with this??

Pasted from gekkos post:

Arguing about swearing is a real waste of this forum...seems like a chance for a bunch of people to get up on a pedestal and and put out a speech. Jeeze, just move on. BTW...I think the reason the argument came up is that you came off as an a**hole andy. From what I've read of you you seemed a little above that. Im a little disappointed...

I should clarify that... not saying anything about you andy... just about the feeling I got from your reply. No offense intended...sorry that was kindof unclear...

|||||||||||||||||||

If this was wrong ban me too then. No one complained when everyone on this board flamed atomicguy when he talked about his oc.

And why cant andy just tell us how he oc, what system he got and things like that?? Is that mature?

It was just a lie, bs, hoax

Tomas

Thank you SFAok ... I think people like atomic guy and Andy with his rare DURON make this board really lame. Thats like me saying yeah i just bought a Palimino 1.4 gighertz and i got it to run at 2100 MHZ at 1.69 volts air cooled> Yeah i guess it has gold interconects because the shipment was a leaked AMD Beta CPU. Oh yeah im using the new PCI /6 bios version for the epox ddr mobo and plus i have pc2700 ram. Oh an i almost forgot to tell you guys since im so smart putting this rig togeather i forgot to tell you the code off the cpu and show any kind of screen shots of cpuid or 3dmark2000 or 2001.

I think (of course, I can't be sure) that William may have been writing his response while gekko was writing his clarification. The reason that we believe Andy is because we know that he can get these chips. If a different senior without these kinds of connections said what Andy is saying, I'd doubt them, but not as much as someone who hasn't been on the forum for long. I don't think that any of the seniors here would lie to this forum. He had a Morgan a while before the Palamino (sp?) came out, I can't find the post, though.

Me (Jul 25, 2001 10:16 a.m.):
Thank you SFAok ... I think people like atomic guy and Andy with his rare DURON make this board really lame. Thats like me saying yeah i just bought a Palimino 1.4 gighertz and i got it to run at 2100 MHZ at 1.69 volts air cooled> Yeah i guess it has gold interconects because the shipment was a leaked AMD Beta CPU. Oh yeah im using the new PCI /6 bios version for the epox ddr mobo and plus i have pc2700 ram. Oh an i almost forgot to tell you guys since im so smart putting this rig togeather i forgot to tell you the code off the cpu and show any kind of screen shots of cpuid or 3dmark2000 or 2001.

yeh i agree!! Some ppl must always screw this board up. Like with the cpu database that is full of k6s running on 1-2ghz and things like that.

The thing that annoyes me is that all ppl belive andy which is a seniour and not the newbies, regular members. Seniors can lie too......... Atleast atomic showed us some screenshots so i believe more in him than in andy, still andy is a senior

I didn't say that I don't believe those that are new to the board, if someone with a good hardware review site like Andy has came in, and one of their first posts was of this nature, I would probably believe them. The reason many people didn't believe Atomicguy was because parts of his system couldn't possibly work, I think there were issues with memory slots. I'm not sure if I'm properly expressing who I would believe and not, but I don't believe Andy just because he's a senior, it's because I know that he has the connections.

hmm because andy said he had connections with intel and amd??

Or have u seen any proof on that`?

Tomas (Jul 25, 2001 10:33 a.m.):
hmm because andy said he had connections with intel and amd??

Or have u seen any proof on that`?

He had Intel roadmaps from a leak on his site (they were taken down per Intel's request), and pictures of him holding a Morgan a while back, but I can't find that post.

I guess my post count skyrockets when I don't have work. :D

Sorry guys for my little outburst last night

If a 1Ghz athlon with Coppercore can reach 1.5 or 1.55Ghz how hard is it to believe for a 1ghz duron there allmost idential in cores and now duron 1ghz prerealease is with copper that means it can do those high clock speeds.... and its allittle hint of what the future holds :) u will see Duron 1ghz 1.15 1.2 1.25 1.3 1.35 1.4 1.45 1.5 1.55 1.6 if this 1ghz comes out soon....u should see all the way up to 1.6Ghz probly just over 1 year from the realease of the 1ghz.

By the way i think Andy is telling the truth becuase his chip is copper interconenct and that makes allmost anything possible even 1.6Ghz Duron!

Jeeeze guys, Andy's got no reason to lie. I'm with Mr B on this, if he said he did it with an ice cube and duct tape, I'd be out in the garage looking for a roll of tape and the freezer looking for a suitable ice cube. If you don't believe him, then don't believe him but don't accuse him of lying.

GuNRocK (Jul 25, 2001 11:17 a.m.):
Sorry guys for my little outburst last night

If a 1Ghz athlon with Coppercore can reach 1.5 or 1.55Ghz how hard is it to believe for a 1ghz duron there allmost idential in cores and now duron 1ghz prerealease is with copper that means it can do those high clock speeds.... and its allittle hint of what the future holds :) u will see Duron 1ghz 1.15 1.2 1.25 1.3 1.35 1.4 1.45 1.5 1.55 1.6 if this 1ghz comes out soon....u should see all the way up to 1.6Ghz probly just over 1 year from the realease of the 1ghz.

By the way i think Andy is telling the truth becuase his chip is copper interconenct and that makes allmost anything possible even 1.6Ghz Duron!

Thank you GuNRocK, that is mighty noble of you. It takes a good man to stand up and apologise for his actions.

Don't worry people like "el", "AmbientFiction" and "sfa" who seem to have stood my corner and stated :-

[order=1]
[#]Andy does have means and ways of obtaining something a little newer than shiny.
[#]I have nothing to gain from lying
[#]etc
[/order]

In order to stop any of the criticism that has come my way we need to understand what the chip is:-

[unorder=square]
[#]Morgan Duron is the same to Spifire Duron as Palomino Athlon is to T-Bird Athlon
[#]Although production parts won't perhaps peak to this gravity of speed instantly, engineering samples are made at the best of the process capability window in order to be able to forecast yields for roadmap and economic purposes.
[#]Morgan Durons Core Voltage may well be as low when etched properley as 1.40v, hence why at 1.625v, the engineering sample was able to overclock quite so admirably.
[#]The chip is only with me on a loan basis - with emphasis on it not being publicised on my website. I have to promise not to burn it out or chip the corners of the core during HSF mounting (I might have a problem there!)
[#]Although later Morgans will have copper interconnects like this "Golden Sample" it will be probable that initial chips may be able to use the aluminium interconnect system used extensively on Austin Texas dies. This will be possible because of the difference in design between Morgan and Spitfire, just like there is a difference between Thunderbird and Palomino.
[#]Hence the doubt around the situation probably arises from what people with current Spitfire Durons are acheiving at top end of overclocks which in the general domain is somewhere in the region of 1.02Ghz.
[#]I don't expect to be able to buy a chip that will overclock this far until Q2 2002 - that would make sense. The first Morgans may only go as far as 1.25Ghz as an estimation.
[/unorder]

I hope that this may clarify the situation for some and I hope that any hostility that people are displaying ceases as all that it will serve to do is not good. For me now I am going to concentrate on my dual Via C3 overclocking for a few hours - so I'll catch you all later.

Peace and Love,

Ok where is the pic of the duron if it is so special?? Where are the benchmarks for this chip against the P4?? Where is there any proof beside the pic saying duron 1.62gigertz that andy showed us ?Does photoshop tell you guys anything? He dosnt want you guys to see the benchmarks because he knows that it might ruin his reputation down the road. Oh yeah did you guys know that there was a UFO crash in ROSSWELL back in the 40's? Yeah its TRUE ITS TRUE. Just type in Rosswell in any search engine on the net and you will see. Believe me its true its true! Oh im sorry but i can not show you any Pictures of the crash site or any pictures of parts of the ship that were blown up because the government might come tell me something bad if i did show you. They might come to my house and do something bad to me and tell me to be quiet.
Anyway does that sound like something familiar
LOL ,ITS BS ! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS!
OUT

AmbientFiction (Jul 25, 2001 11:16 a.m.):
To anyone talking sh*t about andy and saying he is lying have you even taken the time to look at his site?
Anyway do you think skip would allow a senior to post BS no he wouldn't

I dont believe it but wasnt why i got pissed. Its because eveyone flamed **** too atomicguy for claiming he got 1.84ghz on air. But when someone gets over 1.6 on a duron which must be a world record or something everyone believes it and if someone dont believe it you all get mad cuz he is an senior and because of that he is not lying. If u look on atomicguy recent posts u can see that seniors is saying atomic is full of bs.

So just because ur an newbie ur lying?? a bit unfair.

I just need some proof before i believe it only thing i have seen is some bad sandra screenshot which may be edited in photoshop or something.

I just dont like u treathing newbies that way they can get as high oc as seniors........

would have been nice with just a few more screenshots from 3dmark an such programs:)

Tomas (Jul 25, 2001 09:45 a.m.):
i just wonder why does everyone believe that andy got over 1.6ghz on a duron??? Why didnt anyone believe atomicguy with his [email protected] oc?? Sounds more possible than getting 1.6 on a duron............... And on 1.6v?? he dosent even come up with any screenshots running 3dmark or anything, only sandra. I might have believed it if it was liqued nitrogen but 1.6 on air or water..............

read andy's post for an explanation. i think it's good enough.

also, we've seen the chip he's talking about! he posted a thread with photos of himself holding a morgan. everyone believed him then cos they could see it. he's the webmaster of a popular website, and as such can get stuff you and i can't from manufacturers. i bet tom pabst or anand lal shimpi wouldn't have half the number of critics if they posted this, but they're in the same position as andy is for getting gear.

proze (Jul 25, 2001 12:55 p.m.):
Tomas (Jul 25, 2001 09:45 a.m.):

read andy's post for an explanation. i think it's good enough.

also, we've seen the chip he's talking about! he posted a thread with photos of himself holding a morgan. everyone believed him then cos they could see it. he's the webmaster of a popular website, and as such can get stuff you and i can't from manufacturers. i bet tom pabst or anand lal shimpi wouldn't have half the number of critics if they posted this, but they're in the same position as andy is for getting gear.

Can u plz give me a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back