• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I will scare you beyond belief

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cursing will not make computers "hip" or non dorky. Try talking with a trash mouth in the real world and see how far it gets you.

I personally don't care if someone uses a single curse word to describe a bad situation, but the fact is that it can be easily abused, and can be taken out of context by others and interpreted wrong.

Since we don't pay the hosting fees, software fees, or spend many hours a week keeping this site up, we all must play by the rules. Since posting AND reading posts here is a privilege, it is subject to rules and regulations of the owners, and you must respect them weather you agree with them or not.
AKDUDE

Tomas (Jul 25, 2001 12:59 p.m.):
proze (Jul 25, 2001 12:55 p.m.):
Tomas (Jul 25, 2001 09:45 a.m.):
i just wonder why does everyone believe that andy got over 1.6ghz on a duron??? Why didnt anyone believe atomicguy with his [email protected] oc?? Sounds more possible than getting 1.6 on a duron............... And on 1.6v?? he dosent even come up with any screenshots running 3dmark or anything, only sandra. I might have believed it if it was liqued nitrogen but 1.6 on air or water..............

read andy's post for an explanation. i think it's good enough.

also, we've seen the chip he's talking about! he posted a thread with photos of himself holding a morgan. everyone believed him then cos they could see it. he's the webmaster of a popular website, and as such can get stuff you and i can't from manufacturers. i bet tom pabst or anand lal shimpi wouldn't have half the number of critics if they posted this, but they're in the same position as andy is for getting gear.

Can u plz give me a link?

How about the pic?
And the link: http://forums.overclockers.ws/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Read&BID=8&TID=19413&P=1&SID=133010#ID23

THANK YOU Trancebear, I've been looking all over for that post, for those doubtful, look at the shape of the core, that isn't a regular Duron........

sfa ok (Jul 25, 2001 01:31 p.m.):
THANK YOU Trancebear, I've been looking all over for that post, for those doubtful, look at the shape of the core, that isn't a regular Duron........

No prob, I have too much free time right now.

Now Andy see what you have done. No one is playing nice here. J/K

I don't really see why everyone is getting so twisted. If you don't believe it then fine, Don't. No need to completely loose your mind about it.
There is a reputation here to back up Andy's claim. I am by no means trying to convince anyone to think a certain way. Lets just be civil here.

I think this thread has gotten a LITTLE out of control.

:) :) :)

For those trashing Andy.....suck it up.....if you still don't like it then just don't take his advice...for me I'm curious to learn what he has to say....and would love to know how long that chip will last going that fast. Rock on Andy, don't let these boys drag you down, A real pro knows his stuff, that's Andy.

Has anyone stopped to think that the reason he hasn't posted any benchmarks of it is because he might not be able to since it is on loan and whoever loaned it doesn't want those benchmarks out there?

just a couple cents

Wildfire (Jul 24, 2001 07:07 p.m.):
Hey, Igree with Rob, I'm a 20yr old Uni student and know and probably use a large number of profanities, when I'm speaking but as the rules of this forum state, I don't carry them accross to here. I don't feel that it reallly needs it as, people help you if you post and I don't think that they woulkd any more or less if you used a profanity.

P.S Man I still can't believe that O/C, way cool.

It's not whether you believe it or not that is the point - it's just that the exact word "bulls***" was used in both threads and reacted to in two different ways...

William (Jul 24, 2001 10:17 p.m.):
Duct taping an ice cube??? Good one!

I'll say it again - not about respect or if you believe it or not or anything like that - it's about the ways it has been expressed - which is identical..

TT120 (Jul 25, 2001 11:36 a.m.):
Jeeeze guys, Andy's got no reason to lie. I'm with Mr B on this, if he said he did it with an ice cube and duct tape, I'd be out in the garage looking for a roll of tape and the freezer looking for a suitable ice cube. If you don't believe him, then don't believe him but don't accuse him of lying.

No offense to Andy, and I DO believe that overclock - but why is everyone supposed to "check his site" or "not express it" ? Aren't people allowed to believe whatever they want and express their feelings. Again I'll compare this with AtomicGuy's thread - which was VERY unfair to atomicguy...

*edit* Whoa..post flood by me :) Sorry guys, replying as I read. Not that smart but heck this thread is huge ;)

I think we have flogged this dead horse long enough. The language rules will be enforced more diligently in the future, even if they have not been in the past. As I stated in my earlier post, some "color", appropriately modified, is allowed. The rules of conduct here DO require civility though, and civility will be ensured by whatever means necessary.

If you research atomicguy's posts, that thread should have been moderated a lot earlier than it was. That was our failing. Maybe he did and maybe he didn't really get to 1.84ghz. Either way, more respect should have been shown to all.

The chip that wild_andy_c has is a prototype Morgan. A VERY preproduction engineering sample. This is not a Duron as we know it. Rather than assume that this is a BS post, why don't we look at it as a portent of things to come from AMD. Quite frankly, getting to 1.6ghz and beyond with the Palomino/Morgan architecture is pretty exciting to me, because performance from these chips is going to far surpass anything that is built on the P4 core for a long time to come.

Nice overclock, Andy. I hope to see others following this lead soon.

Anthony

To whom it may concern:

I have known Andy for more than two years. I have never know him to so much as make the slightest exaggeration, let alone lie. I know how and where Andy got his chip.

I am unconcerned that not everyone has the wit to appreciate my friend or his achievements. I am simply glad that he shares them with me in our forum.

Our rule to much to bear? Leave. Simple and straight forward, leave.

Our forums grow at an astonishing rate, while many other sites have unfortunately taken a noise dive or even folded for good. Some of theses sights are much missed, others less so.

We have been at this a while now and have a pretty good idea of how we wish to continue. We will continue as we have begun. This isn't going to change. If you find that intolerable then leave. We never thought for a moment everyone would like the way we do things. We are here for those who do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back