• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best O/C board for P4 under $150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f155mph

I know this has been asked before, but I want to know what the current conscienses is.

Thanks

I think it's the P4P800. It's got the I865 chipset, but apparently it's a very good overclocker and awesome bang for Buck!

They should retail at about $100 US if I'm not mistaken.

another vote for asus p4p800 deluxe, it has PAT technology developed by asus (but named somethin' else due to intel didn't like asus claiming it as PAT), and tests have proven the board to be just as fast as it's newer brother (p4c800dlx) .. but p4c800-e deluxe can overclock a bit further tho ...

either way, both boards are good and will last you a long time :D

You might consider Abit's AI7. It's about $125. HardOCP and two other sites gave it a positive review.

I third the AI7.

I'm considering getting one after my SL6Z3 and Mushkin Lev 2 come in to replace my worthless 8KHA+.

Surfeit00 said:
Yeah you won't need a vdimm mod for it audi;)

Exactly! I was planning on getting a P4P800, because I don't want a 2.6C sitting around and collecting dust when my SL6Z3 comes in. Now that I read about the AI7, it's got the same chipset as the P4P800, about the same price and OC friendlier :)

Surfeit00 said:
wait - so your going to add another folding rig?

damn you!:D

Not adding,, replacing the ancient legendary 7 WU/Day Epox 8KHA+ with a 16 WU/Day P4 :D

Eventually I'll gather enough parts to bring the 8kha+ back to life tho hehehehe :)

I want 18 GHz by the end of the year.

I've been considering the AI7 also. I want to boot with raided dual raptors but this board only comes with one sata cable. I'm irked that I would need to buy an additional cable. Makes me want to get the IC7-G instead (Max3 is only $15 more than IC7-G but it's missing a parallel port!). The only thing holding me back is that the AI7 has uguru and a later realtek audio chip.

Last edited:
twil said:
I've been considering the AI7 also. I want to boot with raided dual raptors but this board only comes with one sata cable. I'm irked that I would need to buy an additional cable. Makes me want to get the IC7-G instead (Max3 is only $15 more than IC7-G but it's missing a parallel port!). The only thing holding me back is that the AI7 has uguru and a later realtek audio chip.

Just buy another cable! :) Or I can sell you one heheh
I've got a few lying around.

Yeah, when I talk myself into getting the AI7, I'll have to buy an extra cable :mad: . Then I'll have to talk myself into a pair of mushkin level 2 blacks.:bang head
It would help if reviewers used mushkin to test systems. People are saying it's the best, but everyone's testing with corsair. weird.

Ugh Im trying to decide between the AI7 and the P4P800DLX myself =(. I know the both overclock good, but which one is more feature rich? As in audio/lan/software/ect?

Back