• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drive switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

I have 2 80gig WD drives in which I use 1 as a clone backup of the other.I have 98se on them but want to go to a dual boot with XP.After looking at all the options I really like this switch idea.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=1&sumit=Go&description=nicklock&searchdepa=1

What I want is each drive independent of each other with no access between drives.If one gets hosed by a virus I don't want the other effected.Anybody try this nicklock and do you know if you are booting off one drive does this switch completely shut off the other?

I looked at a few different options and this one seems so simple.I emailed them today and they said it can be setup to boot from one and still have access to the other or set the slave drive in the bios to none and it will be one or the other.Seems to be just want I am looking for.Was hoping someone here has used one and could give me some feedback on it.

Back