• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

monitor is blinding me HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1eyedjak

I put together a puter for the wife using a GF2 GTS Pro and a bunch of other stuff I had. the monitor is a Mag 17in that I always used until 4 months ago when I got a Trinitron.

now the Mag is so bright it it hard to look at. I have the gamma all the way down and the contrast middle way and the bright about 3/4.

I have tried everything short of fading it all out to black but in order to get any kind of good picture I have to leave it somwhat bright.

is it the new driver ? Nvidia 5.3 I think. It is set too 85hz if that helps.

I am abot to have my retinas burnt out tryingto type this now along with a headache.

mike

ummmmmm....i dont want to state the obvious.....but cant you just turn downt the brightness? I have my brightness at 6/100 and constrast at 84/100 and it looks fine.

Edit: also try changing your color profile, some color profile may br brighter than others.

I turned the brightness all the way down but it made the pic look dull and washed out.

I will test some more.

Point is I had the monitor for years and it seems that it has a ll of sudden started this and it is weird and harsh

go to the device manager from computer management (command promt type compmgmt.msc) and try rolling back to the previous drivers for your video card. If this doesn't help then I guess it could either be dieing or like previously mentioned a color profile.

abitavenger

Back