• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual video problem/advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shmuck

Hi...I've been out of the O/C forum loop for over a year, but today when I ran into some crazy problems I remembered how helpful these forums were back in my days of K6-II overclocking.

Here's the story:
Running a Radeon 9600XT (Sapphire) on AGP8x in a K7N2G-ILSR nForce 2 mobo, with an old GeForce4 MX200 32mb PCI card for my extra monitor. The other day, when I started having crashing problems with the Radeon I unwisely started fooling with the drivers. It turns out that the PCI GeForce drivers won't load any more, and automatically conflict with any other video cards connected. SO...after 3 re-installs of windows (I also unwisely decided to try to remove the nvidia files from the registry myself) and 32 system restores, I yanked the PCI card. I'm looking forward to videotaping myself smashing it unless one of you all think it's worth keeping.

My MAIN question:
Is there a good PCI card out there that will be inexpensive and compatible with my 9600XT? It does not need to be fast, or have much RAM or anything, because its only purpose will be to support a second monitor (1024 res). Thanks a BUNCH if you have any suggestions, or input on the dual monitor thing...it's been giving me trouble since I started trying to use more than 1.

Back