• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3-750E @ 1000MHz !!! 1.75V CRAZY!!!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daver343

Registered
Just plugged in my 750E 5 minutes ago. Benched her at 750E then when into the Bios of my BE6-2 and clocked her to 1 GIG!! 1000MHz at 1.75V to be stable!!!!! THat means there room for more Jellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its a cB0. Ah, Im going nuts!!! I have my gig! and its a Pentium-3 !!!!
Temps don't go above 35c with my Alpha PEP-66 and Sunon 22cfm 60mm fan!!!! Overclocking RULES!!!

very very nice! Glad to see you had some great success, now you must fold proteins day and night on it! ;D

Hmm, im using Win ME temp, and had a few Explorer Errors at 1gig so I notched up the Voltage to 1.8v. She seems stable now, but I also set my ram to Cas 3. That may have helped. Time will tell. Now its time to try 3dmax 2001.

At 1GHz 1.80 she has succesfully ran the 3D Max 2001 Benchmark.

One thing though. Maybe its because Im at Cas 3, but when I do the Memory benchmark in Sandra Im getting 175/190. Thats crap. Im on a 133mhz bus now. Before even with my Celeron at 900 I was getting 300/350. Whats up with this? What settings you guys have your ram at?

wow!!! u are damn lucky!!! my dual p3 750 won't even post if i lower it down to 2.00V with air cooling!! but when i use water+pelt....it let me to post with lower Vcore and higher speed!! now i'm in 1023MHz with 1.95V and load temp @8C!!! :) final word!! u are so lucky.....i wish i had ur chip!!!

Nice job man! I am pretty damn sure that chip will goto 1050+....maybe 1100. Just burn it in for about a week and you will see what it can do. Try reformatting and installing everything again.....when you switch chips, they perform differently...I dunno why, but they just do.....BTW i got my 450 @ 600 2.3v 3.6VIO this morning. Again, nice job!

Congrats!

My cBO did pretty much the same at 1.78 v (I chose 1.75, but hardware monitor shows 1.76-1.78 ), except memory held me back for a while.

Check it out with Prime95 torture test. If it gets through that (it takes several hours), then you may go higher, but going there and remaining Prime95 stable is not a cinch I have found.

What fsb's do you have above 133?

I can only go up in increments of 5 mhz (133, 138, 143, 148, 153). These steps are too big for my chip. I am confident that stable speeds above 133 are possible, but not as much as 138 (unless I really cool the thing down). My cpu load temps are about 35-37 C under Prime95. System temps are low 40's.

anvil

I figure its gotta be pretty stable. Its made it through 3D Max 2001 Bench.
A few times I've downloaded Prime95 but I could never figure out how to work it. Tomorrow my rigs gonna be a server for a 6 computer Lan playing C.S all day, so if does that good, I'll be happy.

My Celeron 600, has not once ran at 600. The first time I put the chip in, I went straight into the bios and clocked it to 900 at default Voltage.
Last night when I had this 750 installed, I booted and ran 3D-Max 2001 Benchmark, then rebooted and went for the gig where shes been ever since.

You know overclocking to a gig saved me 120$ (Canadian) from buying the real 1gig.

Abit BE6-2
Pentium !!! 750@1GHz cB0 1.80V
512mb PC-133
15gig Seagate Barracuda II
ATI Radeon 32mb DDR
SB Live X-Gamer
NIC for DSL
36x Acer
8x Panasonic DVD
300w PSU

That is a very good chip you have there, its doing better than my 700...keep her cool and shell be around for awhile.

Oh and dont listen to William and his folding stuff,you should really come over to the seti team. ;D

Sorry William had to toss that in :)

for memory benches... is your in-depth queue at 1 or 8? 1 would let you oc higher... but 8 is for better memory benches....

Had a feeling you'd like the results of the P///...=)

1 GHz, out of the box (almost). Awesome. I have noticed over time, just running it (burning in occaisionally with Sandra and Prime95) that the speed will pick up a bit more from there.

I'd have to agree, that 1.1 GHz might just be a possibility for this chip, given time to burn in. Take it slow, and give the chip time to work it's own way there. It will.

I've got my 600E at 159 FSB (954), at 1.95v. Give the chip a while, and see what you can get. You've got good cooling for it, in the future, 1.9v would be ok to try. If you can join me at 159 FSB someday...holy cow...staggering the possibility.

That's 1192 MHz......

Sounds like you got a good one, thus far. Take it slow, run it where you're at for a while, and inch your way higher. I see 1.1 in your future, though.

Congrats on your new chip. Welcome to the 1GHz club.

Mr B

Yah, Im happy with 1ghz. I want to get her more, but I will take it slow. I just got the chip no sense in burning her out. So far, (Im using Win ME) I havn't encountered any problems at 1.80v. I havn't played any games, I just ran the 3D Max2001 Benchmark a few times. This chip smokes me Celeron 900.
Having the Higher FSBis giving me superb Memory scores.
Im glad I looked around for an "E" chip instead of giving in for a "EB".

Mem scores right now are 408/456. To me that SWEET, coming from 220/265 on my Celeron. I want to break 500mb but I imagine I will once I clock up the FSB. Next up is 1050, but thats not happening for at least a week.

Daver,

When you finally reach its limits, please post it in the Database. That is a good resource for others trying to choose a chip to oc. (They only update the Database occasionally, so it won't post right away).

anvil

I did post my results in the OC Database, but unfortunately I posted at 1000Mhz, not my limit yet. I will repost though, if thats possible.

daver343 (Jun 16, 2001 02:05 p.m.):
I did post my results in the OC Database, but unfortunately I posted at 1000Mhz, not my limit yet. I will repost though, if thats possible.

Of course you can. Nothing wrong with updating what you've entered in the database. My C600 is in there twice, 1st at 1008, then later, when I got it to run 1053...

Mr B

Eh, Mr. B

"Loud fans save cpus."

My case fan is making a loud noise. Very loud. But its a bad thing. Time to get it replaced. lol

daver343 (Jun 17, 2001 12:34 a.m.):
Eh, Mr. B

"Loud fans save cpus."

My case fan is making a loud noise. Very loud. But its a bad thing. Time to get it replaced. lol

I was more thinking of the Delta 38CFM "hair dryer" when I perverted that old biker slogan (loud pipes save lives). My thought was if you had one of these cooling you cpu, you'd hear the noise drop if the fan dies on ya, and would have time to hit the kill switch before the chip fries.....

Case fans are cheap enough....get a new one.

Mr B

Back