• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with Pentium-3 "E" CPU's *READ*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a 500E (time for an upgrade :-( )

I run just a retail HS/F on it. At 620 she runs really nice, though still drops out it hardcore apps like video editing. I have had it running @ 710 too. Temperatures were ranging at 50°C - 54°C. I was able to benchmark with Sandra, but most other apps give me issues.

Changing the RAM timing didn't clear the issues up, maybe it's the slocket?

Anyhoo... I have been happy with it, but think I will go with a TBIRD next.

I have a slot 1 750@1000. This chip was very stubburn and it took me awhile to get it there. It needs a vcore of 1.85 to run stable at a gig. It also has an Alpha P3125 cooler which keeps temps in the 33-36 range under load

some 700's won't reach 933mhz, it's inevitable that there will be people who haven't. If you don't want that risk then there is something called 'guaranteed overclock' where you buy the overlocked cpu as if you were buying a normal cpu and just run it as the place you bought it from has tested it and guaranteed it to overclock to a certain speed.
qc to say don't expect much because you've had bad luck would be like someone who got 1.1ghz saying there great and they all do that.
In fact I bet you could probabally reach 933mhz with a bit of fiddling and advice

Back