• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sign of Voltage requirements???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exiler

I put in a C600 cC0 in my slotket (Asus S370L) overclocked to C900 at 100FSB, voltage setting at 1.8Vcore.

Now my problem is in Windows I get the following problem:

All of a sudden, nothing works, my comp freezes, all application stops and any downloads are stopped, frozen in time, BUT my Mouse is free to move around, though I cannot click on anything.

Is this a sign of MORE voltage increase?

My mobo temp is at 28C which is normal.

My Cpu temp, I am unable to determine, because my P2B does not have a monitoring ability. But I applied Arctic Silver, removed the thermal goo from the Thermal Flake Golden Orb and applied the AC and did it right. I know the correct way to apply AC, so its not a heat issue.

Since you cant check your temps and we know with the orb on a cellie your probably running hot, i would bet on it. I would not increase CV until I knew what my temps where, your flying blind through a valley with high trees. hope you dont fry your CPU.

goodluck

k, but here is what doesnt make sense.

I play games like: Clive Barker's Undying for 2 hours straight and it does not freeze, only happens in Windows environment.

One more thing, I dont know if this makes any diff, but On the mobo BIOS it says 1.8 Vcore.
Yet when I use PcProbe it says Vcore 1.76 and sometimes changes to 1.776.

Also Rpm on fan ranges from 3500-4100

Also Bios recognises it as P3 900, Windows says with WCPUID: Celeron 900

Exiler (Jun 24, 2001 12:36 p.m.):
k, but here is what doesnt make sense.

I play games like: Clive Barker's Undying for 2 hours straight and it does not freeze, only happens in Windows environment.

Well it may be time for a format and clean install

One more thing, I dont know if this makes any diff, but On the mobo BIOS it says 1.8 Vcore.
Yet when I use PcProbe it says Vcore 1.76 and sometimes changes to 1.776.

When your PC is running it will show less CV because your using it, mine says 2.05 in bios but with VIA hm it says 2.01 because the CPU is sucking up the volts.

Also Rpm on fan ranges from 3500-4100

Also Bios recognises it as P3 900, Windows says with WCPUID: Celeron 900

I'm not sure bios can recognize the difference between the two as long as it shows 900 your [actual mhz] then your doing just fine.

goodluck

when my PC freezes and its a sure sign of lack of CV usualy the mouse will freeze too requiring a reboot to get going again.

Well its official its not the CPU anymore, I put back my old P2 350 and I still have problems.

Time for a Windows Format.

Case Closed

Back