• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hp celeron 700 needs an oc.....any suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NAS_Phoenix

Registered
ok my moms has one of those ghetto hp pavillions (100 atx pwr sply, 700 mhz celeron, 128mb ram) is an oc possible without major mods?

Umm lets see a new PSU cause lets face it a 100w PSU just wont cut it.A new heatsink, Motherboard(Unless that HP has jumpers or a good bios system on it) and some Pc133 ram or higher.

You could overclock it but your going to at least need case fans jumpers or a good bios system and a new heatsink not stock.

Have fun though

NAS_Phoenix (Jul 19, 2001 10:08 p.m.):
ok my moms has one of those ghetto hp pavillions (100 atx pwr sply, 700 mhz celeron, 128mb ram) is an oc possible without major mods?

Sorry but brand name computers are not very good at overclcoking usualy they cannot be overclocked at all, there are a few programs that will give you a few options but at best you will only get a very mild overclock, if you want a good PC save your money and read up here and ask questions and then build a sweet one.

outhouse (Jul 19, 2001 11:36 p.m.):
Sorry but brand name computers are not very good at overclcoking usualy they cannot be overclocked at all, there are a few programs that will give you a few options but at best you will only get a very mild overclock, if you want a good PC save your money and read up here and ask questions and then build a sweet one.

Now outhouse don't break his back jus because he has a HP he can still Overclock it some as it is but he will need some new stuff for it

its ok the hp is my moms cpu mine in overclockable and I will probably start on the oc soon. abit ka7 with a athlon 800mhz slot a.

Back