• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Overclocker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vwR32

Registered
Hi,
What do you think is the best overclocker (which brand)?

I thought BFG was good, but I can't overclock the memory bus for the FX5200 256MB over 450MHz (compared to it's standard 400MHz).

Currently, I think the best brand to overclock with is Asus.

I second MSI for Nvidia as well. Asus cards are said to be good overclockers too(or so i heard). Couldnt comment on any other brands but going off what i've read, MSI and Asus are the best.

I also like MSI graphic cards. This is the 2 one I have had and I am very happy with it. My only problem with it is MSI done some false advertising there when they first came out and said that they had temperature monitoring on them. After I got mine and starting complaining to them that in fact it did not have it they took that off their web site. I felt sort of ripped off at first as I wanted that in my new card and felt I paid for it and should have got it. But the fact is I am very happy with the performance of the card and can live without the Temp monitoring if I have to.
But back to the point of the post this card is a great overclocker for me and I could not be happier with it. To me the 5900XT is the new Ti4200. Back in the day that card was the best for the money and today the 5900XT has taken over that spot. Almost all of them overclock to close to 5950 speed or above. For the price they can compete with the top of the line cards of today while other ones in the same price range do not even come close. At least it is the top mid range card today.

I love either MSI or BFG as best over clocker. I have my BFG asylum 5900 with stock cooling clocked at 505//910

EDIT**
The MSI ti 4200 8x is clocked at 330//600 with modded cooling on it.

Shoeby said:

I gotta agree with you on this one, my girlfriends Chaintech FX 5200 could only take very very minimal increases.

Mine doesnt even take minimal increases. I made myself a P4 heatsink for it, and it does 310 core max, with a fan. The memory wont even oc 1mhz. My friends gainward did 320/610 right out of the box. Right now, I stuck the stock heatsink back on for a while, and its artifacting already (Vertex shader is messing up). This thing runs hotter than my dam barton. :eek:

Back