• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a Dual PIII, what now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bluediamond

In a few weeks I will be getting a Dell Power Edge 2300 with Dual PIII Processors at 450 MHz, 512 MB Ram and a 9.1 GB SCSI Hard Drive. I am planning on using this as a file server, but I want to see if it can be oc'd at all, or if anyone has any suggestions for upgrades for it. I will be installing Win Server 2003 and I will be putting some more hd's in it (1 x 200 GB, 2 x 80 GB) and some more RAM (1 GB total). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

i doubt if that Dell board can be overclocked...

however, you might try softfsb or some other software fsb overclocking program...

those katmai processors probably can't exceed 550mhz (maybe 600mhz)

however, you might be able to use coppermines in that machine...try slot 1 700-1000mhz processors...

and i doubt it, but maybe you can use a slot-t or powerleap adaptor and a couple of p3 based, tualatin 512k cache 1.266ghz or 1.4ghz server chips...

Thanks for the response...

Where is a good place to look online to purchase those processors you are referring to?

Ebay might also be a good place to look. Also don't let socket 370 chips deter you as I am pretty sure you can buy slocket adapters that do support SMP.

Back