• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dvd rom not reconigized

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mckennaiii

what would cause this and how do i get it back in the my computer section and get it working again?

If it was working, and no longer works, it may have died. I would first check jumpers, cables, etc. If that all looks ok, then you may need to buy a new DVD-ROM.

Hm. Firstly you have posted this in entirely the wrong section. This would be the video and sound section. I don't believe rom drives would apply. Secondly, if it's not showing up in bios you can eliminate windows problems. It is definately a hardware or a configuration error. Check cable connections and jumper settings.

J.

see, if it worked before, and you didn't do anything to it, chances are, it's gone :). second thing is the only thing that you can check is the IDE cable and the jumper, although i doubt it, time for a DVDRW anyways :)

Back