• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost 2 Raid drives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gregers05

Alright I have 2 WD drives set up and section in raid 0 and raid 1. I just swapped everything over to a new case (new psu and gpu) haven't installed gpu yet. But now neither of my raid drives are working and are showing the raid 0 as failed and raid 1 as degraded. Is it coincidence that one of these failed from just swapping it to another cade?

How do I get all my data back?
Post magically merged:

20230401_151846.jpg
20230401_155124.jpg

Are they plugged into the same ports?
Same ports in the mobo from when before I swapped everything? Honestly I'm not sure. I didn't think it mattered so I didn't keep track of which one was plugged in where

Same ports in the mobo from when before I swapped everything? Honestly I'm not sure. I didn't think it mattered so I didn't keep track of which one was plugged in where
If your board has sata ports through 3rd party controllers, that could easily be the problem.

Edit: it looks like there are six... check the manual and make sure two of those aren't 3rd party controller.

Honestly it *shouldn't* make a difference but that's the only thing I can think of, other than using the drives as a soccer ball at the local rec center between installs.

If you are up for it, you can play musical ports, hopefully you find out something that works.

The RAID 0 drives are the ones to worry about. With RAID 1 you should be able to recover data from a single drive.

If your board has sata ports through 3rd party controllers, that could easily be the problem.

Edit: it looks like there are six... check the manual and make sure two of those aren't 3rd party controller.

Honestly it *shouldn't* make a difference but that's the only thing I can think of, other than using the drives as a soccer ball at the local rec center between installs.

If you are up for it, you can play musical ports, hopefully you find out something that works.

The RAID 0 drives are the ones to worry about. With RAID 1 you should be able to recover data from a single drive.

Alright, looks like swapping ports fixed it? I think. Took a guess and guess I got the combo right the first try. Took a picture of the inside before I tore it all apart and my ssd looked like it had a different sata cable connector so then was a matter of guess on the two WD drives and optical drive

It is now "rebuilding"? What exactly does that mean? This is on the Intel rapid storage

Rebuilding is not great, not terrible.

It means it recognized at least one drive from each raid, and sees a spare drive on the same controller. So it's setting up the raid again.

Edit: unless the drives are *old* I'd let it do it's thing at this point. Chances are the data on the drive is lost/corrupt so it's likely better to let it do it's thing.

Rebuilding is not great, not terrible.

It means it recognized at least one drive from each raid, and sees a spare drive on the same controller. So it's setting up the raid again.
Will I lose data once it's done? Because I can see everything right now

I don't think you'd lose anything in the rebuild but smart move, just in case.
Yeah ive been slacking on backing up stuff also, but thats kind of the point in the raid 1. Just ill timed as I have some jobs to get out quickly for some customers and all my designs and gcode were in there.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back