• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ti4200 oc problem HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
hi guys this is my first post.
long time reader first time poster.

well here is my problem i have a asus geforce ti4200 8xagp model number is v9280/TD, and well i can oc my core like crazy and get it at 360 stable, but my ram only oc's to 570! stock is 513! if i oc it anymore i get artifacts and other people with the same card get over 600 easy. its at stock voltage, ive tried rasing it but i get the same problem.

any help/ideas would help lots! ty

im using nvidia 44.03

1st: Welcome to the forums :)

2nd: Not all cards oc the same even tho they're the same exact card. Evry card has it's limits, unfortunately yours has hit it. Nothing else you can do but enjoy it.

Status:72,You are not allowed to double post.There is no need to.
We try to keep things organized here.
I did respond to your other post in the video and sound section though.

One problem is that the faster the core goes, the more heat it emanates. That heat goes to the heatsink and the rest of the card. Turn down your core clock to 250Mhz. Turn your comp off for a few hours and then test how high the mem can go.

yeah sorry i tried to delete my first post but couldent find where to.
i have zero heat problems with my ti4200 cuz i ahve a thermaltake orb modded on my core.

He is not saying you have a heat problem. The higher you OC the memory/core, the less OCing the other can take. You have to try and find a balance between OCing the core and memory.

Like me, I used to have my Ti 4600 OCed to 320/770. But, when I lowered my memory to 743 and my core went up to 324(not a huge gain, but I will tell you the results). With the card at 320/770, I got 12,700ish in 3DMark01. When I changed it to 324/743(nothing else changed BTW) I got 13,900ish.

You just have to find the so-called 'sweet' spot on your card. Higher number isnt always better, as I found out.

Back