• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Coolbits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thedoc

When i set the new clock settings in coolbits, click to save settings and load on re-boot the settings do not save. After a reboot the clocks are back to standard ?, any ideas ?, i have tried the gainward expert tool but that doesn't offer a save and load on reboot facility ??

Do you set the 2D and 3D to the same settings? I noticed that if they're not the same, the reload on reboot doesn't seem to work.

Too bad, too, since I'd rather keep it @ stock when in 2D mode, and only OC when gaming.

I hadn't been setting them the same, i will try that, that is a real pain like you say i would rather reduce the clocks for 2d work. Have you tried Riva tuner ?, what is it like ?

Rivatuner is cool, I just started using it myself; I think I'll probably start using it for tweaking; I'm still kind of a noob myself when it comes to OCing :)

This is my first NV card, i have always had ATI, so i know how they work (and the fact that they are un-reliable). I will try Riva then i guess. :)

Btw.: Does anybody know how to set the Frequencies (with coolbits) manualy?
I mean, when I install Forceware 44.03, which is best for my card, the regulators in the menu top out at 200MHz for GPU and 500 for mem.
But since my card can do, 270/580 MHz, I allways have to install a higher version to set the frequencies and then switch to 44.03 back again.
So does anybody know, how to set higher frequencies with [email protected]?

Hey,thx! You dug real deep in the Forums. :)

Sounds funny to me (krusty and bart). I´ll try that tomorrow, as soon as I get up. (Its 7:00AM here) :beer:

Riva tuner mentions about a bug in the drivers which prevents cool bits saving the clocks if they are over 400. Riva tuner incorperates a fix for this and works a treat, i will be using that from now on. I have read somewhere else about the saving clocks issue in cool bits, i guess it is a known problem. Either way i think Riva is great.

just need to find the best clocks for my Ultra......

Well i dont usually oc new cards 24/7 cuss they dont need it but itried setting coolbits to 400/1.10 and told it to save them whe ni reboot.

Rebooted and it still reports 3d being @ 400/1.10

Back