• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What Kind of Hose Clamps Do you Use on your WB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
get the worm clamps from the auto parts store not home depot, about the same price and the ones from the auto parts store are much narrower which looks better and also clamps better. They actualy clamp down behind the barb part which makes me feel safer.....

I use the stainless steel "Constant-Tension Spring Hose and Tube Clamps" from MC Master. Link. They are made out of metal rod, so all edges are rounded. There is no chance of these cutting through the tubing. They grip tightly, and aren't too hard to get off with a pair of pliers.

I use the worm clamps on my MCW6000-A since it came with them, but otherwise I use the nylon clamps and I HATE them. I destroy my fingers every time I try to take one off.

So lets see:

1. Zipties
2. Adjustable Plastic Hose Clamp
3. Nylon tube clamps (same as 2)
4. steel (zinc, stainless steel) worm drive (automotive or home depo)
5. Double Snap-Grip Clamps (from mcmaster.com)
6. Constant-Tension Spring Hose and Tube Clamps (mcmaster.com)

So far you cant beat zipties !!!! but the automotive steel worms seems most popular......

Myself I use just one of the wide ones. Also on a side note how is the weather back home.
cold! cold! cold! and Buckeyes are loosing..!!!!!!!

ghettocomp said:
if in a hurry, I use the Home Depot worm drive, or any automotive parts store has a somewhat larger selection of some clamps to choose from. I recently place an order for some clamps like these, I think they will look better. Very clean, smooth lines and seem to clamp better.

Did I read the price right? $6.95 EACH???

you guys are using the little metal zip ties with the paper around it from the grocery store? that can't even hold a bag of tomatoes together...

Ghettocomp

If you have it handy could you post a link to the ones you are actually getting. At $1ish each they look really slick and I would definitely be interested in putting them in my system. I am running with a D-D RBX cpu block which has the 3 barbs closely spaced. The pinch type locking plastic clamps I am using require modification and are a real pain in the arse to get into position.

The plastic hose clamps are basically glorified zip ties they get looser as the hose gets soft from the cpu heat.

I swapped them all out to Stainless steel wormdrive

Back