• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zero writer for screwed HDD fix?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drexel

I have a WD 20gb. The day I bought it, it was screwed, so I asked what I could do, and someone told me. Whatever he told me, fixed it. The problem was during format, it would hang at certain spots, or wouldnt get past them at all. Whatever he told me fixed that though, but it is happening again.

The question is, was it a zero writer, or something else, because I am now being told it isnt a zero writer. Whatever program it was, can anyone recommend a good, easy one to use?

My uncle ran that at his house on it last night, and he says it didnt make it all the way through it(the diagnositcs test). I think this might have happened last time. I think I ran the diagnostics test on it when this happened last time.

So, is it just a zero writer program that fixes it, or fixed it last time, or some other program? I remember I had to have 2 hard drives to do it, when I did it. Need help, please.

Back