• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - Weird OC Behaviour

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CobraR980

Hey All - looking for a little guidance. 13700K with a Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX rev 1.1, updated to the latest FD bios, but has been happening with other bios versions too.

Per HW info, Pcore 0 at times drops to 800mhz and other times all P cores drop from the 5.4 OC to 5.3. Ecores never change and are static 100% of the time.

I've run cinebench and other benchmarking software and it doesn't happen then. It seems to occur randomly and during certain gameplay.

In my experience OC'ing, the bios settings I normally mess with are set and then the CPU locks in at the OC set clock. Am I getting dumb in my age to be missing something? I thought maybe an AVX offset was being enabled, so I made sure set that to zero, but still happens. Multi-core enhancement auto/enabled/disabled doesn't change the behaviour.

Any thoughts would be great - thanks!

HW INFO.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Back