• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My fsb just dropped to 50 after installing win2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jenko

Hi i just formated my old pc which had win98 on it, and installed win2000 but cpu-z and and system info say my fsb is now 50 jumpers set to 100.
Jumpers are set correctly and the correct speed is displayed on boot up and in bios.
Is win2000 misreading this? win98 didnt, cpu installed is a K6-3 450mhz 100x4.5, 2.4vcore, pc100 ram.

Does anybody know this cpu`s L2 cache is it 512k?
Thanks ryan.

Try GCPUID, and post a screenshot (alt+printscreen, then paste into paint or any photo editor)

This shows the fsb as 50 which makes the cpu run at 225mhz instead of 450mhz wierds how i never had this problem on win98.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 63
well, you could do this: Run sisoft sandra, preferably some older version, and just compare your CPU to any K6-2/3 chip that runs at 450mhz. and see if you actually get 50% of the performance.
I don't think there's a way that software like win2k could drop your FSB speed.
If you got some older HD, try to install 98 on it and see if it works at its full speed.

Back