• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

good news! just OCed p3 450mhz @ 140mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jobo

Registered
guys!!

just OCed p3 450mhz @ 140mhz, ran at 630 mhz.. but got an error on win98 on something about emmory or i/o.

so i decided putting back to my 133mhz OC, which is 600mhz.

i also tried @ 150mhz, but wont boot up,
any tips on 150mhz? im on 2.o voltage... is rasing it will put some help to run 150mhz?

<<<<<<

not bad :)

630 is just fine for katmai. for 150 you definately need a fine ram and cooling. what are your temps?

You're pushing the limits of that chip. Nice overclock, anything above 600 is bonus, 90% of the time 600 is max.

like pinky said that a very cool overclock katmai, try to get new ram that you can make run @ 150+/- ex: crucial... and a real nice peice of cooling like gladiator fan....
P.s. - becareful with you agp settings you daon't wanna cook you vidcard

guys,

i just got 133mhz bus ram... so i cant get into the os

i would just run at 600mhz fine...
btw, i ran 630mhz @ 140 with the temps 29c-31c.

133mhz is fine for me,, just wanna let you know that p3 can run at 140mhz :)

but if you wanna OC it more... why dont get yourself a new chip? isnt it?

ahehehe,, your too dumb to burn your chip for nothing,
this chip is sentimental for me, it's my first chip, and i dont wanna cook it. ahehehe, 600mhz is cool and fine though.. runs quake 3 fast and smooth like.. got 7821 points with it at 3dmark2000.

great isnt it?

<<<<<<

Back