• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i check temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i dont think you can check temps on that card inless its a 9800xt marked down to 9800pro and if it is oyu need to dlash it to xt to see temps or soft mod it. if it dont have a diod you could get one and put it close to the core to check them. and your next post is another thing you can do to save hastle, clock till you see artifacts in 3dmark 03.

why does ATI tool always reset after a reboot or anything. do i have to set it everytime i turn on the computer?

Take a look at ATI Tray Tool
You can set it to load on startup with any overclock profile you want.
Nice app. but it will not monitor temps.
Like pottacoola said, you cant get temps with a 9800 pro anyway unless you flash a 360 core with XT pcb to the XT BIOS.

http://www.radeon2.ru/atitray/

geestring said:
does it matter about temps? or do i just overclock in ATItool until i see artifacting?
Yes temps matter, but if your card isn't artifacting then you're safe. If it gets too hot, it'll artifact and you'll know to bump the clocks down (or if you're using the Find Max functions, ATITool will bump the OC down for you).

geestring said:
why does ATI tool always reset after a reboot or anything. do i have to set it everytime i turn on the computer?
No, you just need to save your overclock to a profile and select it as the 2D profile. Set your overclock with ATITool, click the "New" button to save it to a new profile, and then select that profile from the "2D Profile (loaded on startup)" dropdown. When ATITool loads, it will set the clock speed to whatever profile is set in the 2D dropdown.

JigPu

whats the highest core and mem do you think i can go with a silencer on?
Right now i have 420 clock and 360 mem on stock cooling.

Back