• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Testing Used GPUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dorito Bandit

Ordered an open box ASUS TUF 4070 Ti from newegg to be delivered the 21st. What software do y'all recommend I use to test it with, and what all do I need to look for regarding potential issues? How long should I run each recommended test? Yes, I know how to Google for this info, but I trust the judgment of you fine folks on this site. (y)

Thanks in advance, guys!

Thanks again, guys! Much appreciated! GPU supposed to be here tomorrow sometime, and when I have time, I will run some tests on it. And of course, play some games. I'll update how it all goes. May even pop back in with a question or two.

Actually of all the years I've purchased Open Box hardware from the egg, I only had 2 items that were defective/dead. One was an Evga X58 board that had memory slot issues and a graphics card that arrived DOA. Aside from this, every other Open Box part arrived safe and worked flawlessly.

You shouldn't have any issues. Be sure to keep us posted!

Update!

Just wanted to update everyone on the GPU. I received it a couple of days ago and am very happy to report all seems good so far.

GPU was shipped in a Newegg brown box. Inside was a plain white box containing the GPU. The GPU was sealed in an electrostatic bag. Unless they reapplied the protective plastic film on the GPU, the GPU itself appears to be brand new. It still had the protective plastic film covering it, including on the fans. There is no retail box. No accessories of any kind. No manual. No GPU support bracket. Not even a signed picture of the man himself, Jensen Huang. 🤣 Nothing but the GPU itself. That's a shame too. I would've at least liked to have had the little support bracket, but I can buy a different one. Thankfully, I had already recently ordered Corsair's power cable to use, so I wasn't going to use the included one anyway.

And thank, God! There were no boogers or pubic hair anywhere on the GPU. No toenail clippings inside the box. No half eaten baloney sandwich in there. :DAll appears clean. After hearing about some of the Newegg horror stories of late, I'm very, very, very thankful all is good! 🤣

I've not tested the GPU yet as some have suggested, but I have played several hours of Battlefield 2042 on 128 player maps with all settings set to ultra. I have the Alienware 38 inch ultrawide monitor with a resolution of 3840 x 1600 @ 144 Hz. The game runs incredibly well, and looks awesome! I'm getting well over a 100 fps. I've had no stuttering, no artifacts, no crashing, no issues at all. At least none so far, and I hope everything continues to work this well. I may run a few stress tests before long, but maybe that's not really necessary.

Below are some pics for those of you who may be interested in seeing how it was shipped, and after installed.

1.jpeg

GPU (1).JPG

GPU (2).JPG

GPU (23.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_3202.JPG

Back