• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 pro questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryboto

I know i'm late to the topic, as i mentioned in another thread, but i didn't have the funds to invest in the cards when they first came out...For christmas, my mother got me a x800 pro(non-vivo)...i've connected the trace, redid it a few times, so i'm sure it's solid...I've noticed in some cases people were reporting that the extra pipes weren't noticed until they flashed their cards, others said they showed up immediately, and others, like myself had nothing happen at all. Now i'm curious, should i attempt to flash the card? Or, have the pipes been locked somewhere else? If this is the case, there must be some kind of work-around, right? Is it that no one's tried to find a way, or that ATI has completely removed the extra pipelines?? I'd just like to know, my card oc's very well, currently i'm running 530core/540mem....i could push it as far as 560/580, but the games don't require it yet, and why kill the card before I even get to enjoy it? So...Does anyone have any input, all the threads on this topic have died off, and i'm sorry if it annoys people to see this again, I'm just curious about the questions I've asked, since I've also seen a few of them in the threads, and they appear to have been overlooked. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

some of the pro cores require the trace mod and custom drivers to "work around" the features that disable the extra pipes. I understand that both the developers of ati tool and the omega drivers started working on it but decided not to finish.

veryhumid said:
some of the pro cores require the trace mod and custom drivers to "work around" the features that disable the extra pipes. I understand that both the developers of ati tool and the omega drivers started working on it but decided not to finish.

So, the problem is, once the VIVO mod was discovered, everyone gave up on the standard pro mod? I mean, it makes sense...

Personaly, I would be happy with what you have, and check back when your card can no longer run games at max settings. This is what my friend is planning on doing, he has 2 x800pro's. Its already overkill for most people.

I tried modding mine and it didn't work. I tried the flash routine two times total but I haven't got it working yet. I haven't redone bridging the trace though. I guess my card might just be hardlocked.

Give the flash a try if you haven't. It surely can't hurt.

Yuriman said:
Personaly, I would be happy with what you have, and check back when your card can no longer run games at max settings. This is what my friend is planning on doing, he has 2 x800pro's. Its already overkill for most people.

I don't plan on actually doing the mod now, I just assume get the topic alive again, so that when the next gen cards come, people like me who wont be buying them will have the ability to mod...I just fear that the topic wont revive itself at the time, since the spotlight would be stolen by mods of the newere generation, or should I just assume the topic will continue to slowly chug along?

Dc5e said:
I tried modding mine and it didn't work. I tried the flash routine two times total but I haven't got it working yet. I haven't redone bridging the trace though. I guess my card might just be hardlocked.

Give the flash a try if you haven't. It surely can't hurt.

So no one knows a work around for this new hardlock? also, which flash utility and bios does everyone recommend?

Back