• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashmenu or nForce System Utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BC|Wulf

Wondering what everyone uses to change their overclock through windows.

I just installed the nForce System Utility and I like it. Had to get an ini file from abit to replace the one that comes with nForce supposedly. Does the System Utility work without the ini file from abit, and is there a way to get to the advanced controls or am I stuck with the basic ones?

Last edited:
like on the box eh, i know, i want that too, save time by not oging into the bios trying to find a stabil oc all the time, like to pump up vcore...

Nevermind, I played with FlashMenu a bit and it really is not for overclocking. It is mostly for backing up and updating the bios through windows. Has anyone had an success using this program?

I have used flashmenu since the day I bought my NF7-S v2.0 It works like I always dream of and make flashing bios fun. I have flashed about 20+ times using flashmenu so it is a very reliable program. That is me of course.

Has anyone had an success using this program?

Be careful though as Abit just had a bios on their site that was labeled wrong and had it not been for a sharp eye by one of the members there alot of people would have been SOL.

If you are going to use Flashmenu just download the file from Abit and flash it from the file and not over the internet.

Tmod

BC|Wulf said:
Nevermind, I played with FlashMenu a bit and it really is not for overclocking. It is mostly for backing up and updating the bios through windows. Has anyone had an success using this program?

I used it on my girlfriend's Biostar Nforce2 mobo fine, and my A7N8X now that I do not have a floppy drive. It's better than the Asus windows bios flash utility in that it allows you to flash any bios, not just newer versions (dates).

I've used Flashmenu on my Abit AN7 maybe 15 times, works flawlessly in my experience.

Back