• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking my 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

I have overclocked my 9800 pro to 430 core and 370 memory before all on STOCK. the reason why i didn't see much performance improvement is because my cpu was only 2.0 ghz p4 intel

now i have a much better cpu

I was thinking instead of really pushing my video card to its max i was just gonna push it to 415 core 355-360 memory.

i know my card is easily able to handle that because i ran it for HOURS at 430/370 and no artifacts at ALL showed up.

any ideas folks?

i would be using ati tool to oc it

I see no problem. I don't understand what you are asking though? Why wouldn't you just max out your videocard?

Zatrix said:
well cause i dont want it running to the max. it will die faster that way.
i rather run it at a faster yet confortable pace that wont overheat or stress the card too much.

the way i think about it is, the card will become way too outdated to use with current games before you kill it by overclocking... with proper cooling you card will be fine running at its max

ati tool is messing up i think.... when i have it set to 2d profile default and 3d profile oc none of my programs started up in 3d... but once i closed ati tool they all worked

any ideas?

Back