• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help OCing Radeon 9600P with ATI tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prw001

Hey,

Are your OCed speeds supposed to reset back to default everytime you restart your computer??? I installed ATI tool along with the Updated SoftMod to allow for the 9600 Pro to be OCed. With the brief tinkering i was able to increase my core speed. I then loaded up halflife 2 and played for a few minutes then loaded ATI tool back up and my OCed settings were still as i had set them. However, when i restart my computer my settings go back to the default values. So is this normal, or is my video card still not being OCed???

Thnx

First set it so that ati tool will start up when windows boots up, then oc you card after your done save your oc, then after that on the left side there is to drop down menu one is to choose your 2d clock and the other 3d clock, I would recomend you keep the 2d at default clocks but you can set them both with the same clocks if your want.

Yes, that happens by default. When you reboot the computer, the video card gets reset to stock speed since that's the speed the BIOS tells it to run at. Unless you have ATITool (or some other program) load with windows [and in ATITool's case, also tell it to load a specific 2D profile], the card will not be in an overclocked state after the reboot.

BTW: I also agree with AVG that you should leave the 2D setting at default, and only have ATITool overclock the card when it enters a 3D game. Unless you're picky about having extra tasks open, there's no real reason to have your card overclocked when sitting at the desktop ;)

*moves to ATi*
JigPu

Great thnx. I will try that when i get home from work and let everyone know if it worked.

Back