• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anything better than the rubber for windows?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diurnal

Registered
Yeah that rubber stuff that has the two locking strips is just to hard to install, is there anything else better than rubber out there?And that is easier to install. How bout just bare, does that look good? Just to have nothing on it and just screw the plexiglass in the case?

for my window i just bought a piece of plexi a roll of velcro and blue electrical tape from sears hardware. i put the velcro on the outside borders of the case hole and the window and put it on.It fits very tight and is hard to take off but you can if you need too.The blue tape was for the window borders so you dont see the sticky side of the velcro through the window.It looks very nice,I will have pictures soon,just have to get them developed

Yea, go to Kragen, or Chief Auto, or whatever your local hardware store chain is called, and pick up car door molding. That's what I used, and I used industrial strength double sided tape (This stuff sticks HARD!) to hold the Lexan onto the inside of the case. (Put the tape along the inside of the molding, on the molding, but not on the case itself. Make sure you put the tape far enough from the edge of the molding so you can't see it from any angle outside.)

Back