• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

insertin new cooling fan.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dr_SAf

if build a strong cooler into my pc, then wouldn't it be better to let it blow fresh air into my pc instead of sucking air out.
I asked some people and they told me that if you do so, you'll blow a lot of dust into you pc and that the air will create condensation eventually!
I simply wonder if anyone has experience with this and could give me some tips thx :cool:

a normal fan depending on where it is can be put both u dont have to really worry about dust but u should get filters
u usually want the same CFM going in and out of the case

The flow of cooling air through a case is usually an "S". This represents air drawn into the case at the front bottom, and exhausted at the top rear. If you imagine that you're seeing this "S" from the right side of your case, that's how it usually works best. When you're looking at the front of the PC case, the right is on the right, just in case "N, S, E and W" is in question!

A PC with an Athlon in it needs LOTS of air flowing through it.

PhLuBB said:

Getting condensation from simple airflow IS impossible.
How about impossible under normal circumstances? :p

There's always the possibility that it could happen, but the odds are very, very slim. If a fan was blowing hot, humid air onto a relatively cool CPU (perhaps not warmed up yet?) condensation might occur. However, conditions like that are places you ought not put a computer. :p

Back