• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A really big box for my toys...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the adam said:
how did you get the easy button? That monster case (<-- I think it needs its own word) is awesome. So when do you think the final product will be done? Keep up the great work ... :thup:

I am fairly good and doing quick mockups of something just to make fun :D

I am actually thinking of calling the rig 'Monster' after one of my favorite beverages, and might put the logo (of sorts) on the sides. Now if I can actually get some sort of corporate sponsorship, I could really do it nice! Oh well, Just dreaming again. :D :-/

Last edited:
That's f***ing crazy man!!! congrats on the build so far, nice to see a fellow "ghetto" modder layin' down some fabrication pwnage :D

Can't wait to see more!!

Man I hope you have done the calculations to how much power you are going to be using up....

Oh yea, and be careful with that glass, Im pretty sure its tempered and likes to break into tiny little pieces with you try and break it.

the garynator said:
That's f***ing crazy man!!! congrats on the build so far, nice to see a fellow "ghetto" modder layin' down some fabrication pwnage :D

Can't wait to see more!!

Thnks, trying to finish quickly, but can't. keep finding more stuff to add...

ls7corvete said:
Man I hope you have done the calculations to how much power you are going to be using up....

Oh yea, and be careful with that glass, Im pretty sure its tempered and likes to break into tiny little pieces with you try and break it.

No need to calculate, Alread have 6 running 24/7, this is just the upgrade from those, and each psu will handle 2 boards. :attn:

that glass is the cheapest cheap S--- contractors in the area could install in their origional builds. Just plain ol glass in alum frames. Cuts well, is free and Besides I used to use these things all the time, had 2 boys that would "accidentally" break windows on a regular basis. looking for old windows got to be a habit :D

Last edited:
:D ...they won't, the power requirements for a diskless system is very very low..

Power Requirements Average Layer

100 Watts P4 w/400 FSB - at most
35 watts 32mb AGP or PCI Video card (if used)
20 watts 2 sticks PC2700 or 3200
25 watts Hard Drive (might use)
4 watts PCI Network Interface Card

Other Items that use power:
25 Watts Motherboard

for 2 Layers recommended by: http://www.adecy.com/psu/ (probably Way Incorrect)

Recommended PSU: 237W (83W on +3.3v & +5v rails) for:
-2 x Motherboard without onboard devices
-2 x Fans (including PSU fans)
-2 x Memory (128MB DDR)
-2 x PCI Network Card
-2 x HDD
-CPU: Intel P4 1.8 GHz 0.13 µm µPGA478 @ 1.50 V,sub-45W

Give or take, The most power that would be used is
around 200 watts for each layer - 400 watts total.

Last edited:
squasher said:
lol, that would be a great letter
"im building a really big computer, would you like to sponser me?"
Maybe I could get the government to fund it :bday: The way I see it, they pay to see how many times people get straws from outside vendors, maybe they will want something legit, like folding.... aww forget it, they spent the money on fruit flys last year :p

:attn: Tight!
I'm considering something simular, execpt its for profit. Think of build a cluster out of Via EPIA Nano boards (12cm square) can fit quite a few in a custom 2U case :p

ghettocomp said:
Thats just what I said.. :D thats why I said to forget it... :rolleyes:
Gotta laff at the comedy that is sometimes our government :santa:
but I still like it anyway! (just in case they are lookin :cool: )

Yes, tossing out 1/2 a million to study the mating habits of the African "dung beetle" is much more important than "Folding At Home" in their eyes. They may one day get their priorities straight, but I doubt it will be in my lifetime. The sponsorship of your project could do nothing but improve their image in the eyes of the voting public, therefor, it won't happen. Sad, but oh so true. :mad:

lol i love how my computer has the power of..oh i dunno....1/8 of the fbi its just too funny
i would love to set their system up for them, but they are just too stupid
and nasa has to buy old parts on ebay, now thats just downright sad

Back