• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ncch-dl not hitting 200 mhz fsb - any ideas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Honestly the PC-DL has I VR and the NCCH-DL has 2 so i dont think there exactly compariable,,They might be but in any event ,,The user i know had an OCZ 600 watter with 18a on the 12v line and ya it ran but the chaos he experenced was amazing.

I would honestly look at that as the source of your troubles..

DaveB said:
I'm running my Vcore modded 1.6LVs at 3.12 GHz in a PC-DL with a 6800 128MB AGP, 2 x 512MB PC3200 DDR, a SATA 80GB hard drive, DVD-ROM, and DVD Burner from an AMS Mercury EPS12V PS. The AMS has split +12V rails with 18A dedicated to the motherboard and CPUs. It runs rock stable, no problems. The BIOS reads the +12V potential at +12.20V. The other +12V rail has 15A available for drives.

i do have a fair amount of hardware in this rig...

the ncch-dl with 2 x xeons, 4 x 512 mb ram, 1 x dvd-r/cd-rw drive, 2 x sata wd raptors, 2 x ide hdds, and about 8 fans.

as for the vmod, yes by wires i used 1 per socket.

if all goes, well i am going to get my hands on a pair of 1.6 d1's to see how that goes...

Enermax 660
mbentley said:
i do have a fair amount of hardware in this rig...

the ncch-dl with 2 x xeons, 4 x 512 mb ram, 1 x dvd-r/cd-rw drive, 2 x sata wd raptors, 2 x ide hdds, and about 8 fans.

as for the vmod, yes by wires i used 1 per socket.

if all goes, well i am going to get my hands on a pair of 1.6 d1's to see how that goes...

Mine own experience with this mobo is that if you use all 4 RAM slots, the power demand goes way up... and it's already very high... with all 4 slots filled it's enough to sap common power supplies... I found this out early on building gemini(my best "common" power supplies couldn't even fire it up with 4 sticks) and look at how Gemini's power scheme came out as a result of my frustrations, lol...

Enermax 660 just for the mobo and main drives(I finally got this when I decided to quit messing around after 2 failed attempts to save money with lesser power supplies:~)... and a 300+300 to power everything else(optical/backup/fans/Koolance unit)... and marine battery backup to top it all off... lol... the first time I tried to fire the system it blew the breaker in the shop... and kept blowing it every time I tried, until I replaced the wore out 20amp breaker with a new 30 amp... lol, Gemini uses some current(electric bill went up $30-$50 this month, I'm turning things off now to try to compensate for it:~)... but the fun part is that in a little over a month we made it to the top 75 on the Overclockers.com SETI Boinc team... :burn:

I recommend the Enermax 660... it's built for this mobo in my opinion... and it looks good to... very expensive, but if you're investing in a server/workstaion that you're going to be depending on, the power supply should the first order of busyness... even ahead of the CPUs/RAM... gotta start with a good foundation...

Good luck with your endeavor. :~)

Last edited:
CRFIII said:
Enermax 660

Mine own experience with this mobo is that if you use all 4 RAM slots, the power demand goes way up... and it's already very high... with all 4 slots filled it's enough to sap common power supplies... I found this out early on building gemini(my best "common" power supplies couldn't even fire it up with 4 sticks) and look at how Gemini's power scheme came out as a result of my frustrations, lol...

Enermax 660 just for the mobo and main drives(I finally got this when I decided to quit messing around after 2 failed attempts to save money with lesser power supplies:~)... and a 300+300 to power everything else(optical/backup/fans/Koolance unit)... and marine battery backup to top it all off... lol... the first time I tried to fire the system it blew the breaker in the shop... and kept blowing it every time I tried, until I replaced the wore out 20amp breaker with a new 30 amp... lol, Gemini uses some current(electric bill went up $30-$50 this month, I'm turning things off now to try to compensate for it:~)... but the fun part is that in a little over a month we made it to the top 75 on the Overclockers.com SETI Boinc team... :burn:

I recommend the Enermax 660... it's built for this mobo in my opinion... and it looks good to... very expensive, but if you're investing in a server/workstaion that you're going to be depending on, the power supply should the first order of busyness... even ahead of the CPUs/RAM... gotta start with a good foundation...

Good luck with your endeavor. :~)

wow... that is one heck of a psu... i think i am going to wait to drop $250 on a psu like that until i get some 1.6's and see how they do... the 1.6's will only cost me about $120 after shipping. otherwise i will look into the power supply issue... i might try to do a "minimum boot" type thing to see if my power supply is the cause. there are plenty of things i can yank from the system in order to make it draw less power...

I am telling ya even the people at OCZ told him the PSU was not right for this system,,Ummm check out the nightmares fishy had,,Then ask him how his OCZ 600 worked out for him lol..I think you will find he was not to happy with it

diehrd said:
I am telling ya even the people at OCZ told him the PSU was not right for this system,,Ummm check out the nightmares fishy had,,Then ask him how his OCZ 600 worked out for him lol..I think you will find he was not to happy with it

what psu do you run with your ncch-dl? i might have to seriously look at a new psu...

I use the Fortron 530,BUT this supply lists 18a on the 12v rail YET it is set up to draw from the 5v rail when power requirments merit such a draw.In that case the Supply has a max 12 line ability of 28a..I also use the 4 to 8 pin and 20 to 24 pin adapters..

I would get a PSU that had a high 12v line say 34a and that way ya know you are where you need to be with a PSU..

Back