• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 9600 PRO a worthy upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ferria

hi all,

After playing Demos of Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and Far Cry i feel the need to upgrade my current Gforce 4 TI 4400 . Unfortunatly right now i can only stretch my budget to a 9600 PRO . Would this be a worthy upgrade or should i save up for a 9600 XT?

it would be a big upgrade from the TI. But if I were you I would save my money, and buy at least a 9800pro or xt.

yep agreed.

@ the very least m8 if you`re on a shoe string budget go for the 9700pro it can be O/C to nice speeds using drivers such as Omega and Catalyst :) and its a lot faster than the 9600pro

well thanks for replys , between 100-130 USD thats really what i have for this and my next upgrade will be in 2006
Is the 9600 XT worth the extra 30 USD or should i just get the 9600 PRO?

There are a lot of 9700np on ebay for $100-130, just check it out. If you look really well you can get good deals, just gotta have patience.

Back