• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game playing stuttering

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cornbread

I am having problems with playing games using 2 different video cards. The first card was a Radeon 9500 Pro and the other is a 9800 Pro. When I start a game, any game I get stuttering/pausing. What happens is when I start a game it will play fine for around 5-6 seconds (I counted, LoL), then it will just have a slight 1 second pause and start all over again. As you can guess this becomes very annoying. I just built the pc(in sig)I am playing these games on, there are no heating issues. Also, the 9500 Pro I used in a Dell pc (2.8 GHz) and had NO problems at all. The only thing I can guess is maybe my power supply, it's a Antec TruePower 380. But what confuses me is why wouldn't the 9500 act up in the Dell since the power supply was smaller (250 watt)?

Another thing is this problem happens on really graphic intense screensavers to.

Any ideas?

What drivers you using, if your motherboard is a nforce you installed the nvidia drivers for it, and you only need a 300w psu to run a x800 so a 250w should run a 9500 fine.

PottaCoola said:
What drivers you using, if your motherboard is a nforce you installed the nvidia drivers for it, and you only need a 300w psu to run a x800 so a 250w should run a 9500 fine.

Drivers are 5.2 cats, they worked great with the 9500 in the Dell.
Motherboard is Abit.

Try turning off your anti-virus or any programs like motherboard moniter (I.E. programs that use your motherboards temp sensors and other kinds..)

I've had my anti-virus act funky when using programs and when I turned it off they worked fine. just remember to turn it on afterwards :p

Amazing, simply amazing. Something simple like you suggested. I turned of my Abit uGuru program (monitors temps and such), fired up FarCry since it's pretty graphic intense at times, and it worked great! Hopefully that is all it was.

Thanks!

the Abit uGuru chip is suppose :rolleyes: to take the load off the CPU. i noticed
while temp monitoring (AI7) it uses around 5-6% of the CPU.

my IS7 with winbond monitoring never had that problem.

good to see your up and running again. GAME ON!

Back