• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 9800xt bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

So what do you guys think is the best 9800 xt bios, I have a soft modded 9800 pro 256mb. and i'm running the hercules bios, and my overclock isn't that great. Just wondering if there is anything better out there.

Any good custom bios's i should try

just because you flash your pro to xt doesnt mean that it will overclock anymore than what it was before. if you want to find the best bios, there are only a few 256mb 9800xt bioses out there so it wouldnt be very hard to flash your card with them to find out which on gives you the best performance

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
just because you flash your pro to xt doesnt mean that it will overclock anymore than what it was before. if you want to find the best bios, there are only a few 256mb 9800xt bioses out there so it wouldnt be very hard to flash your card with them to find out which on gives you the best performance

I do it because i think seeing 'RADEON 9800XT' in display properties is cool!

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:

I understand that, it won't overclock much more. But in some cases yes a different bios will give you a few more mhz. And there are slight performance gains at stock speeds going from a pro to an xt bios. I do love the trill of finding out what is best, but i don't take a lot of chance flashing my bios, because i don't have an extra pci card. so i thought i would tap into the OCF data base. as well as i don't know if any third party bioses that might help. I know there are a few out. I just want to get some imput on them, and maybe where i could get them.

Best 2 that worked for me were Gecube's 9800XT BIOS with optimizations for Samsung RAM

Other one was a generic powercolor BIOS

Back